(Last Updated On: September 5, 2018)
Oh no! What are those red marks on my face, back, and my arms? What do you mean red moles? I am a human being not a strawberry. How did I get red moles? Red moles are harmless from a medical standpoint. They don’t cause harm to your health. They are just harmless marks on the skin. If you are concerned about them being on the skin, they can be removed. There are a few options for getting rid of red moles. You can either have them surgically removed, or you can remove them yourself through natural means. Surgical removal will be quite expensive. Since the red moles pose no health threat, having them surgically removed just isn’t worth the cost. You can remove them by natural means and spend hardly any money in the process. In fact, you may have the ingredients in your bathroom or kitchen. The purpose of this article is to discuss how red moles can be successfully removed by natural remedies.
- 1 What is a Red Mole
- 2 Garlic the Mole Killer
- 3 Apple Cider Vinegar for Moles
- 4 Of Course Sour Apple Juice to Remove Moles
- 5 Oh Really Pineapple Juice for Mole Removal
- 6 How to Use Pineapple Juice for Moles
- 7 Oh No Castor, oil, and Baking Soda, to Remove Moles
- 8 Eat those Dandelions for Mole Removal
- 9 Yuk Onion Juice for Mole Removal
- 10 Is this the Right Iodine for Mole Removal?
- 11 The Great Grapefruit Seeds to Remove Moles
- 12 Ways to use the Grapefruit Seed extract to Remove Moles
- 13 The Frankincense Way
- 14 Oregano Oil gets in the Act
- 15 Time to Wrap it Up
Contrary to what you would suspect, red moles aren’t growths on the surface of the skin Red moles are a collection of red blood vessels just below the surface of the skin. They mainly appear on the chest, back, and upper arms. Typically, they are raised and smooth. In a sense, they are red blood vessels gone haywire. Moles can also be formed when cells group too close together and don’t spread out over the skin. Now we have discussed what red moles are let’s find out how to get rid of them. They are also known as cherry angiomas. Moles can be different in their pigmentation. They can be red, brown, black. They are also capable of appearing on the face. Some of them even have hair growing out of them.
In some cases, they can be cancerous. If you see a mole that looks different than the other existing moles or when you get a mole after the age of 30 or notice changes in a mole’s color, height, size, shape, or texture, you should consult your dermatologist. If your moles start bleeding, oozing, itching, or become tender or painful, then also, you must see the doctor. This includes red moles.
What else would we be starting with other than garlic as a mole killer? Garlic is one of the best ways to remove moles. Garlic has enzymes in it that will break down the cellular matter and spread the cells throughout the skin. And say goodbye to the mole. The pigmentation lightens up, and you can say farewell to the mole. The cells will loosen up their bond causing the pigmentation to lighten up in the skin.
What you will Need:
- One garlic clove
- Petroleum jelly
- Masking tape and a bandage
How to Apply the Garlic to the Mole:
- Apply the petroleum jelly around the mole on the skin. You will need to protect the skin from strong garlic paste.
- You can even use masking tape to make a protective covering over the skin around the mole
- Now crush the garlic clove to get the paste from the clove
- Apply the paste on the mole
- Cover the mole with the bandage
- Leave it on for 4 to 5 hours
- Remove the bandage especially before going to bed so your skin may breathe
- Repeat this daily for 4 to 5 days in which time the mole should fall off
If the mole doesn’t fall off, then you need to accept the reality that the body has rejected this treatment. Try another therapy
Apple Cider Vinegar for Moles
No don’t make a salad with the apple cider vinegar and you don’t use the vinegar to burn the mole off your skin.
Apple cider vinegar is a popular preservative, marinade, and dressing ingredient. It is one of the most popular home remedies used for health conditions. Supposedly, it works wonders for healing your body, It will kill moles and other unsightly skin lesions like warts and skin tags. It contains many acids including malic acid and tartaric acid. These acids are able to get into the mole and dissolve it in no time. It will completely remove it from your skin.
You Need These:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Petroleum jelly
- Cotton ball
Follow these Steps:
- Apply the petroleum jelly around the mole on the skin. You will need to protect the skin from the strong vinegar acids
- Pour a few drops of apple cider vinegar on the cotton ball
- Place the vinegar on the mole making sure the vinegar comes in direct contact with the mole
- Put a bandage/cotton ball on the mole
- Leave the cotton ball on for two hours
- Repeat this treatment three times a day for two weeks
In about a week the mole will dry up and fall off. Don’t help it. Let the mole fall on its own
Of Course Sour Apple Juice to Remove Moles
This is a different take on removing moles. And you thought sour apple juice was just right for drinking when you are thirsty. If you absolutely cannot stand the smell of vinegar, then the acids in the sour apple juice will do the trick. The acids contained in the sour apple juice will dissolve the mole as well. But be prepared for the acids in the sour apple juice to take longer to dissolve the mole. The acids in the apple cider vinegar are much more potent.
- Sour cooking apples- 2-3
- Cotton ball
- Follow these steps:
- Crush and extract juice from the sour apples
- Pour a couple of drops on a cotton ball
- Place the soaked apple juice side of the cotton ball on the mole
- Secure with bandage
- Leave the cotton ball on the mole for a few hours
- Repeat this procedure 3 or 4 times a day
You may have to do this for 3 or 4 weeks before you see results. Be patient it may take longer
Oh Really Pineapple Juice for Mole Removal
Yes, pineapple juice can kill moles. Can you beat that? Apple juice is not the only juice in town that can remove moles because pineapple juice can make moles less visible as well. Apparently, the enzymes and citric acid in pineapple juice work together to lighten the pigmentation that makes the moles. This will make the moles less visible. Canned pineapple juice will not contain enough citric acid to shrink the mole. Your best bet is to extract juice from fresh pineapples. This is the way to go.
How to Use Pineapple Juice for Moles
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in pineapple juice. Apply it directly to the mole.
- Secure the cotton ball with a bandage
- Leave it on for a few hours then remove it
- Repeat this treatment 2 to 3 times a day
- The time to apply this treatment wasn’t listed
- Apply some fresh pineapple juice to the mole before you go to sleep. Leave it on overnight than in the morning wash it off
- This is an unusual method but here goes. Take a piece of pineapple and cut it into the shape of your mole. Put it on the mole and secure it with a bandage. Leave it on for a few hours. Remove the pineapple piece and start the process all over again.
- Take a ½ cup of pineapple juice and ¼ cup of coarse salt. Mix them to make a scrub. Use this scrub on your mole. This may help remove top layers of skin from your mole faster.
- You need to really be patient when using the pineapple juice treatment. It takes days to see any results from this treatment.
Oh No Castor, oil, and Baking Soda, to Remove Moles
Castor oil is what, in medical terms, is called a discutient (a discutient causes dispersal or removal of a pathological accumulation. Castor oil will dissolve mole, warts, skin tags, and other unusual skin marks. This remedy is very slow moving in exhibiting results, but it will eventually dissolve the moles. It will not scar the skin either where the mole was. This is a definite benefit of this particular procedure.
- Baking soda- a pinch
- Castor oil- few drops
Apply these steps:
- Are you ready for this? Moisten the baking soda by adding a few drops of castor oil to it
- Dab this paste on your mole
- Leave it on overnight
- Repeat this procedure for a couple of days until the mole is gone
Eat those Dandelions for Mole Removal
This is a wives-tale from ancient folklore. There is no scientific understanding as to why the milky, sticky resin of dandelions removes moles. This is a very unusual mole removal treatment. It definitely has no clinical support for its authentication. But it really does work.
- Don’t eat the dandelion
- Wash off the dandelion root thoroughly
- Now, cut the dandelion root using a sharp knife or a sharp pair of scissors.
- Press the cut end of the dandelion root and squeeze it until you see the milky resin ooze out of it.
- Take the cut end of the root and apply the sap to the mole. Rub a little bit of the sap into the mole.
- Do this 2 or 3 times a day for a few days.
Yuk Onion Juice for Mole Removal
If you can tolerate the smell of the onion juice it will remove the mole. Like garlic, onions have enzymes that will help remove the moles.
- Extract the juice from a couple of onions.
- Use a cotton ball and apply the onion juice to the mole.
- Leave it on for 30 to 40 minutes before washing it off.
- Repeat 3 to 4 times a day for about 3 to 4 weeks. You will see those moles disappear.
- Mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and onion juice. The smell will be horrific, but it works.
- Apply this mixture to the mole
- Leave it on for a few hours or overnight
- Repeat this procedure for about 30 days
- Mix some salt to the freshly extracted onion juice or grated onion. Get a kleenex to dry the eyes.
- Apply this solution to the moles
- Leave it on for 2 to 3 hours
- Wash off with water
- Repeat for 2 to 3 weeks
Is this the Right Iodine for Mole Removal?
Iodine is a naturally occurring element. It is well-known for regulating the thyroid and other hormones, it works great to remove moles. Get 5% iodine solution from a medical store. The iodine penetrates the mole cells and eradicates them.
- 5% iodine solution
- Bandage or gauze
- Petroleum jelly
- Clean the area.
- Apply a little bit of petroleum jelly around the mole. This will prevent the skin from getting stained from the iodine.
- Apply just a drop of iodine tincture to the mole.
- Cover it with a bandage or gauze and secure it with tape.
- Leave it over the mole for several hours or overnight if you prefer.
- Repeat this treatment daily for a couple of weeks.
The iodine may leave a burning sensation on the skin. But it will remove the mole without scarring the skin.
The Great Grapefruit Seeds to Remove Moles
Grapefruit is an acidic fruit but alkaline in reaction. It contains many minerals, vitamins, citric acids, and their salts. In theory, the acids contribute to removing moles.
Ways to use the Grapefruit Seed extract to Remove Moles
- Apply only one drop of this extract to the mole. Cover the mole with a bandage. You can also use gauze to cover it. If you use the gauze, make sure you secure it with adhesive tape.
- Leave the covering on the mole for several hours. Then repeat the process
- Do this 2-to-3 times a day. For 3 to 4 weeks.
- You can apply grapefruit pulp directly to the mole. Do this 2-to-3 times a day.
The Frankincense Way
Frankincense is considered a holy oil in the Middle East. It was initially used in Egypt, for incense, skin care, stomach ailments, and kohl. This oil contains sesquiterpenes which stimulate the brain to control the emotions. It also helps control certain hormonal glands, and it strengthens the immune system by increasing leukocyte activity. It can remove warts and moles in the same way it battles cancerous cells. It consists of Phenols, Sesquiterpenes, and Monoterpenes that can influence the cells work to work more efficiently by being able to correct them right at the DNA levels. Moles, like cancer, are there because of the incorrect accumulation of cells. Due to this same cell gathering, methodology frankincense can eliminate the moles like it does cancerous cells.
You Need These:
- Frankincense essential oil- 1 Tsp
- Olive oil- 8 Tsp
- Mix both the oils together in a bowl
- Dab some of this diluted frankincense/ crucial oils on your mole.
- Repeat this treatment for 2-3 times a day for few weeks or till you get rid of moles.
Oregano Oil gets in the Act
Oregano oil like frankincense contains phenols, sesquiterpenes, and monoterpenes. But it doesn’t stop there it also has other elements such as carvacrol, gamma-terpinene, para-cymene, beta-caryophyllene, myrcene, and thymol. It has fabulous antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiparasitic, antiseptic, antiviral, properties as well as an immune system oil stimulant. It’s like lubricating your car with oil. It’s a beneficial way to remove moles. But it’s so strong it must be diluted before applying it to moles.
You Need This:
- Oregano oil- 1 Tsp
- Almond oil- 8 Tsp
Follow this Procedure:
- Mix both of the oils and make sure you mix them together thoroughly.
- Apply this oil mixture to the mole daily.
- You will see the mole become lighter in just 7 to 10 days. A couple of days after this the mole should be gone.
Time to Wrap it Up
It’s that time again to conclude with the final thoughts on red mole removal. There are a few natural remedies we have discussed in this article to help with red mole removal. All of the methods seem to be proven treatments to eradicate red moles. A couple of the methods have no scientific basis for working, but they work nevertheless. By using any of these natural remedies to remove red moles, you can usually see results over varying lengths of time. It will take patience to see results with some of these treatments, but the wait will be worth it. You will have no more red moles. Besides, using these natural home remedies will be much more cost effective than turning to surgical methods to have red moles removed. Another highlight of a few of these treatments is they will not leave scars after the red moles are removed.
Updated: September 05, 2018 by Dr. Kimberly Langdon M.D. All medical facts and points stated on this page are correct as of this date. Please be aware that new content and additional references were added in this last update. All the content and media has been uploaded by Lily Greene our webmaster, who is also in charge of page design.