Who buys this stuff anyway? Who even eats the fruit? It is definitely a part of the orange family. It is a tiny citrus tree that produces fruit hawks like ranges. They are mini oranges if you will. The fruit is usually eaten plain or with salads they dress up the taste of the salad. They are classified as reddish-like tangerines but this is by no means a botanical definition. They are smaller and oblique in size than their cousins the oranges. Oranges are more spherical in shape and are larger. Unfortunately, the mandarin tree is more drought proof than the fruit itself. Generally, people eat them in their natural state after they have been peeled. They are heavy for their size. Let us move forward to talk about this mystical fruit.
Mandarin oranges are also known as tangerines bit there is a basic difference between the two. Which really means tangerines are seedless and mandarin oranges have seeds. But the fruit industry considers them to be close in appearance. By the way mandarin oranges are native to China.
- 1 History of Mandarin Essential Oil
- 2 Mandarin Essential Oil Is Healthy for You
- 3 Infection Stopper
- 4 Super Spasm Reliever
- 5 Improve Blood Circulation
- 6 Toxin Remover
- 7 Digestion Booster
- 8 Hepatic Helper
- 9 Nervous Relaxant
- 10 Cell Grower
- 11 Tonic Actor
- 12 Sedative Action
- 13 Stomach Neutralizer
- 14 Other Uses
- 15 Blends Well
- 16 Mandarin Essential Oil Recipes
- 17 Mandarin Essential Oil Recipes
- 18 1. Nourishing Body Oil Blend
- 19 2. Scent Your Space
- 20 3. Pure Pulse Point Perfume
- 21 More Mandarin Essential Oil Recipes
- 22 DIY Mandarin and Rosehip Oil Stretch Mark, Acne and Scar Serum Recipe
- 23 Sweet Dreams Blend
- 24 Fun & Fruity Perfume Roll-On Recipe
- 25 Ingredients:
- 26 Conclusion:
Japanese mandarin oranges have made quite a splash in Russia, the United States, and of course Canada as traditional holiday fixtures. The practice to buy boxes weighing several pounds and wrapping them individually in classic Christmas green paper. The gifts are stuffed into stockings at Christmas time. The tradition started in the late 19th century as Japanese immigrants received mandarin oranges from relatives living in the homeland. The gifts were sent as New Year delights.
This tradition quickly caught on like fire among the non-Japanese population and quickly spread eastward across the United States. Interestingly enough when the harvest season came, for the mandarin oranges, they were quickly boxed and shipped East. They were transported in what became known as “orange trains” whose cars were literally painted orange. The trains reminded everyone that the holiday season had started.
Folklore has it that Santa gave three poor girls some gold coins so they could marry. Some versions say that gold balls were given instead of the gold coins. In Canada today mandarin oranges are put in stockings with candy money.
They have such powerful properties that can help our bodies in so many ways. They are loaded with antiseptic which keeps the body from inheriting deadly disease carrying germs. Antispasmodic properties will help to protect us from muscular spasms and the circulatory benefits of these oranges could be life-saving. It has many other health-deriving benefits that can help us in so many ways.
It develops a protective bubble around the wound that prevents infection, dirt and other toxins from entering a wound. It activates a collection of blood platelets and leucocytes which form a barrier over the wound preventing microbes from entering the wounds and damaging the body. The fruit has powerful antifungal attributes which can kill bacteria offering further protection for us.
Super Spasm Reliever
When spasms occur in the respiratory system the resulting effects are not pleasant. For one thing, breathing becomes very difficult while the spasms occur. On top of this congestion and draining coughs and while muscle spasms are occurring can pull these muscles which is a very painful experience. If spasms occur in the stomach or intestines vomiting will surely follow and you will be left with an aching stomach and intestines. If you ever have convulsions get to your doctor s soon as you can. They can become serious health issues. Another area where spasms can be uncomfortable is in the nervous system which will result in nerve afflictions and even twitching nerves. Supposedly a few drops of mandarin oil in the affected area can stop spasms almost immediately
Improve Blood Circulation
Mandarin essential oil keeps the blood circulating below the surface of the skin keeping the skin fresh, vibrant, and healthy-looking. The proper circulation of blood will warm the body making it very hard for rheumatism and arthritis to set in.. It helps the body to heal itself faster as well. This handy fruit may boost the immunity and help with digestion. It can help the growing process as well.
Mandarin oranges helps the body detoxify by excreting them through the urine. This will help to prevent diseases from settling in the body and making their home there. The toxins are kept out and abscesses, gout and acne are kept away.
Mandarin essential oil is a friend to the digestive tract. It can activate the release of digestive juices and bile to enter into the stomach. Watch out because it will boost the appetite and that could translate into weight gain.
This essential oil is good for the liver it helps to maintain the proper level of bile discharge and protects the liver from serious infections. Unknown how but it is supposed to strengthen the liver and keep it functioning properly.
Mandarin essential oil is a natural sedative but its sedative properties are underestimated. It can calm any nervous system hyperactivity which can lead to various nervous conditions such as twitching or rash outbreaks on the skin. It will calm hyperactive people in no time. It may soothe epileptic attacks, hysteria and stop convulsions caused by spasmodic muscles.
This essential oil can promote cell growth. It promotes the new growth of cells and tissues and it may be able to fade scars. But there is no definitive proof that this essential oil can promote real new cell and tissue growth. It may speed up the healing time it takes the body to recover from wounds and injuries. This also promotes proper growth of young children in their various growing stages. Whether this means the oil can make children grow taller faster has not been determined.
As was said earlier mandarin oil can enhance the function of the immune system giving the body a chance to fight off disease and sickness in a much healthier state. This maybe a rumor but mandarin essential oil is supposed to be able to regulate the proper growth of the human body. It also can help the body to function normally by tuning all the organic functions. This includes the respiratory, cardiovascular, neurotic, circulatory, excretory, nervous and endocrine systems. All this it will do because it is a tonic. There is no clinical support for these health benefits.
Mandarin essential oil is known for sedating inflammation and nervous disturbances. It Sounds like it operates like sedative by in natural ways.
The essential oil helps to maintain the base and acid levels in the stomach. It protects the stomach from ulcers and other stomach disorders. It wards off stomach infections.
This essential oil seems to do it all from curing skin disorders to relieving all levels of stress. It balances the moisture levels in the skin of the body and it treats flatulence and diarrhea. What can’t this oil do? It is able to fade scars and erase stretch mark. It can even remove fat cracks from the skin.
It can effectively mix with many other essential oils including bergamot, cinnamon, clove, clary sage, frankincense, nutmeg and of course lavender essential oils
Mandarin Essential Oil Recipes
- Add 1 drop of Mandarin essential oil to your hanky or add 2 drops of this oil to your diffuser to improve your appetite and support the process of metabolism.
- Adding 2 to 3 drops of Mandarin essential oil to warm bathing water can help in relieving gas, flatulence, nausea and indigestion.
- Gently massaging your abdomen with 2 drops of this oil blended with 10 drops of wheat germ oil can assist in treating ulcers, gastritis, esophageal spasms, intestinal infections, colitis, dyspepsia, bloating, flatulence, hiccups and indigestion.
- 2 drops of Mandarin essential oil added to warm bathing water before bed can alleviate your tensed muscles, mental disturbances, epilepsy, convulsions and nervous afflictions. This medicated bath can help you to fall asleep soon by evoking a sense of encouragement and stillness.
- You can also add 3 drops of Mandarin essential oil to your diffuser, burner or vaporizer for treating anxiety, restlessness, fear, fatigue, irritability, stress, tantrums and other negative emotions. This formula works even with children who are over-excited and stubborn especially during the nighttime.
- Adding 2 drops of Mandarin essential oil in steam therapy assists in removing skin impurities, blemishes, blackheads, marks and pimples. It augments the natural beauty and glow of the skin.
- Massaging with 2 to 3 drops of Mandarin essential oil with 15 drops of jojoba oil aids in improving blood circulation, enhancing the suppleness of the skin and diminishing scars and marks.
- You can also add 3 drops of Mandarin essential oil to your regular skin care cream or lotion and apply it on the affected area.
- Add 3 drops of Mandarin essential oil to warm bath or massage your body with 5 drops of this oil with 2 ml of coconut oil to get rid of the unwanted substances from the mind and body. This massage also helps in treating spasms in the respiratory system, intestine, muscles and the nervous system.
- When massaged onto the skin, 5 drops of Mandarin essential oil with 2 ml of sesame oil improves blood circulation and helps in relieving from varicose veins, blood clots, rheumatic pain and arthritis.
- This oil is also said to make the body resistant against contagious diseases by improving immunity. You can add 2 drops of oil to vaporizer, burner or diffuser during any time of the day or night to get yourselves rejuvenated and recharged instantly.
- Refreshing Sugar Scrub: Mix 2 cups brown sugar, ¼ cup coconut oil, and 10 drops each Mandarin and Spearmint essential oils. Store in an airtight glass container.
- Mood Lifting Perfume: In a 10 ml roller bottle, combine 3 drops Ylang Ylang, 3 drops Bergamot, 9 drops Clary Sage, 9 drops Lavender, and 12 drops Mandarin essential oils. Top with fractionated coconut or other carrier oils. Apply to pulse points throughout the day.
- Add 10 drops of mandarin essential oil and five drops lavender oil to a water-filled spray bottle to make a pleasant, disinfecting room spray.
Mandarin Essential Oil Recipes
1. Nourishing Body Oil Blend
- For a coat of your body use 3 teaspoons of carrier oil in a little dish and, add 7 – 8 drops of essential oil.
- Always put the drops of essential oil into the bottle or dish first, then add the carrier oil. It gives the scents time to create a synergistic fusion.
- For a 50ml bottle of oil add 25 drops.
- If you use citrus oils do not go out and sit in the sun because these oils can cause a phototoxic reaction which will not be good for you or your skin.
“Love and Happiness”
Explains itself really
- Mandarin 3 drops
- Rose 3% 10 drops * see my article for more info on 3% blends in jojoba
“Tra La La”
Get some happiness in your body
- Mandarin 3 drops
- Rose geranium 2 drops
- Palmarosa 2 drops
“64 Tetrahedron Grid”
Slip into the magic of the universe
- Mandarin 4 drops
- Lemongrass 2 drops
- Vetiver 1 drop
2. Scent Your Space
In a traditional oil burner with a candle or a diffuser add 25 drops of oil
“Release the Day”
Let go of all things from the day
- Mandarin 10 drops
- Cypress 8 drops
- Lemongrass 6 drops
- Sage 1 drop
“Fun Kids Party”
- Mandarin 12 drops
- Cinnamon 6 drops
- Peru Balsam 7 drops
“Meditation and Contemplation”
- Mandarin 8 drops
- Frankincense 12 drops
- Lavender 5 drops
- Anoint yourself with pure essential oil blends
3. Pure Pulse Point Perfume
In a little dish mix these oils and anoint your pulse points or chakras – 3 drops of essential oils and dilute with a few drops of carrier oil – always patch test first!
“Life is Easy”
- Mandarin 1 drop
- Melissa 3%
- Spikenard 1 drop
Appreciate the little things in life
- Mandarin 1 drop
- Jasmine 3% 2 drops * see my article for more info on 3% blends in jojoba
“Smile and Laugh”
Even if you have to force yourself, smile at someone and the rewards will be great
- Mandarin 1 drop
- Rosewood 1 drop
- May Chang 1 drop
- Mandarin 1 drop
- Pink Grapefruit 1 drop
- Clove 1 drop
DIY Mandarin and Rosehip Oil Stretch Mark, Acne and Scar Serum Recipe
- 10 drops mandarin essential oil
- 6 drops frankincense essential oil
- 6 drops tea tree oil
- 3 drops bergamot oil
- 1 ounce rosehip oil
- 2 ounces jojoba oil
- A small glass pump bottle (4- to 6-ounce bottle)
- Mix all essential oils except rosehip and jojoba straight into the bottle.
- Add the rosehip and jojoba oils.
- Shake well until blended.
- Massage a few pumps into the skin in the affected area twice daily.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from sunlight.
- Mandarin + Lavender + Valerian + Sandalwood + Chinese Rose
- This blend is designed to help you fall asleep at night. Simply massage a few drops of oil over temples, behind ears, inside of wrists, and on
- the bottoms of your feet about ten minutes before bed.
- Mandarin – 1 – 2 drops – (top note: light, fruity, citrus) – relaxing, cleansing; also a digestive aid.
- Lavender – 12 – 14 drops – (middle: sweet, floral, herbaceous) – promotes relaxation; also a powerful anti-inflammatory and natural detoxifier.
- Valerian – 6 – 7 drops – (base: warm, woody, balsam, musky) – powerful natural sleep aid; reduces anxiety; lowers blood pressure.
- Sandalwood – 3 – 4 drops – (base: soft, woody, light balsam) – soothing, anti-inflammatory; also a decongestant.
- Chinese Rose – 2 – 3 drops – (middle: soft, spicy, sweet, floral) – relaxes; adds depth to the blend’s aroma.
- Carrier oil – grapeseed
- all of the ingredients used in this blend are considered to be safe for use by pregnant women
- 2 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 3 drops mandarin essential oil
- 3 drops neroli essential oil
- 2 drops cedarwood atlas essential oil
- 1+ t carrier oil (enough to fill your 5ml roll-on bottle)
- Drop essential oils one by one into a bottle and swirl around to mix.
- Add 3 drops of your essential oil mixture to a 5ml roller bottle.
- Add your carrier oil (fractionated coconut oil, grapeseed oil, etc)
- Put lid on and roll between hands to mix.
- Roll onto wrists, behind ears to enjoy.
You have learned the versatility of mandarin essential oil in this article. It can be used in many industries and it carries some very powerful health benefits with it. You can also select from a variety of mandarin essential oil recipes. Mandarin essential is not as well-known as some of the other essential oils but it will be making a name for itself with all the valuable uses it has to offer.