Cholesterol (a compound of the sterol type found in most body tissues. Cholesterol and its derivatives are important constituents of cell membranes and precursors of other steroid compounds, but a high proportion in the blood of low-density lipoprotein (which transports cholesterol to the tissues) is associated with an increased risk of coronary heart disease.) too much of it is never good for anyone at any age. There is good cholesterol and bad cholesterol and the bad cholesterol is the kind you want to steer clear of.
What is the number one fear people worldwide have when they’re cholesterol levels are too high? The fear is that their arteries will get clogged by too much cholesterol and they will either have a stroke, heart attack, or develop heart disease. High Cholesterol can be fatal in many instances.
- 1 Symptoms of High Cholesterol
- 2 Family Connections:
- 3 Coronary -Heart Disease or Artery Troubles:
- 4 Strokes: Symptoms
- 5 The symptoms include:
- 6 Beware it could be a Heart Attack:
- 7 Signs of a heart attack include:
- 8 Peripheral Arterial Disease or PAD
- 9 Signs of early PAD can include:
- 10 Cholesterol Levels
- 11 The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends that a triglyceride level of 100 mg/dL or lower is considered “optimal.”
- 12 Ten Outstanding Essential Oils to Lower Cholesterol
- 13 Cholesterol Recipes using Essential Oils:
- 14 More Essential Oil Cholesterol Lowering Recipes:
- 15 Testaments:
- 16 Carols Story:
- 17 Annette
- 18 Joyce
- 19 Nondas
- 20 Love, Lisa
- 21 Bill
- 22 Conclusion:
Below are health conditions and their various symptoms that are caused by high cholesterol. Each one of these health issues can be fatal. High levels of cholesterol could be fatal. If you suspect you have high cholesterol get it treated right away. Do not wait to have it treated.
You should go to the doctor if you suspect you have overloaded cholesterol and you may fit into one of the following danger points:
- Blood pressure levels is off the chart
- You carry too much weight for your frame
- You like to smoke a lot of cigarettes
If you have deep family connections with a history of high cholesterol you may have familial hypercholesterolemia. This is when your blood pressure skyrockets to very unsafe levels such as over 300 milligrams or higher.Then you will have what is called xanthoma which is a yellow patch on the skin or a lump under the flesh.
Coronary -Heart Disease or Artery Troubles:
Heart disease plays no favorite and attacks both men and women. The symptoms may appear different but it is still the top killer of men and women in America, Symptoms are:
- Angina which is very real pain in the chest area
- You feel nauseous
- You are very tired
- Hard to breathe properly
- Your neck and jaw, upper abdomen hurt like they never have before
- Your limbs feel like icicles
High cholesterol can build up an abundance of plaque may very well short circuit the blood supply to an integral part of the brain. This will usher in a stroke.
A stroke needs medical attention urgently. You or someone you love is experience the signs of a stroke get to emergency medical help as fast as you can.
The symptoms include:
- Instantly you are falling like a feather
- You are dizzy like when riding a rollercoaster
- Half of your face drops
- One half of your body cannot move
- Cloudy thinking
- You cannot talk right
- You cannot feel your face or your legs, arms one the right or left side of the body
- Instantly you have a migraine-type headache
- You cannot see clearly
Beware it could be a Heart Attack:
Massive plaque buildup can shrink the size of the arteries that send blood to the heart.. This is known as atherosclerosis, This condition sneaks up on you and it is invisible. The plaque in the artery can begin to break off.If this happens there will be a blood clot formed around the plaque . This will result in blood being prevented from flowing to the heart and it will be deprived of oxygen and vital nutrients.
This the above dangerous process is known as ischemia.The heart becomes damaged or aprt dies because of insufficient oxygen this is when a heart attack occurs.Myocardial infarction is the technical term for heart attack.
Signs of a heart attack include:
- It feels like you feel like you have been walloped in the chest area
- difficulty breathing
- You feel like you might die
- Reality around you begins to swirl
- You feel nauseous like you have indigestion or will vomit
- You are so tired
Having a heart attack is a serious medical condition.If medical assistance is not administered promptly irreversible heart damage will set in.
If you or someone around you is having a heart attack get help as fast as you can.
Peripheral Arterial Disease or PAD
Peripheral artery disease is too much plaque accumulation in the arteries. This will block the blood flowing through the arteries that supply the blood flow to the kidneys,stomach,legs, and feet and other vital parts of the body.
Signs of early PAD can include:
- Severe cramps
- Achiness all over these extremities
- Fatigue that will not go away
- Extreme pain in the legs while moving this is known as intermittent claudication
- Feet and legs really hurt
As PAD progresses, symptoms will become more regular and will hit you while you are resting . Later symptoms that may occur because of reduced blood flow include:
- thinning, paleness, or shininess on the skin of the legs and feet
- tissue death caused by lack of blood supply, called gangrene
- ulcers on the legs and feet that don’t heal or heal very slowly
- leg pain that doesn’t go away when at rest
- burning in your toes
- leg cramps
- thick toenails
- toes that turn blue
- reduced hair growth on the legs
- decrease in the temperature of your lower leg or foot, compared to the other leg
People with PAD have a higher risk of having a heart attack, stroke, or limb amputations.
|Below 200 mg/dL||Desirable|
|200-239 mg/dL||Borderline high|
|240 mg/dL and above||High|
Below 70 mg/dL Ideal for people at very high risk of heart disease Below 100 mg/dL Ideal for people at risk of heart disease 100-129 mg/dL Near ideal 130-159 mg/dL Borderline high 160-189 mg/dL High 190 mg/dL and above Very high
|Below 40 mg/dL (men),|
Below 50 mg/dL (women)
|60 mg/dL and above||Best|
|Below 150 mg/dL||Desirable|
|150-199 mg/dL||Borderline high|
|500 mg/dL and above||Very high|
The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends that a triglyceride level of 100 mg/dL or lower is considered “optimal.”
Now that we have discussed all the negative perhaps fatal health conditions and their respective symptoms that can grow out of high cholesterol let’s talk about how essential oils can naturally lower high cholesterol levels.
Lemongrass Essential oil-Can lower cholesterol and and keep blood flowing freely. This oil keeps the blood vessels dilated so blood can flow unhindered through the body.
Clove essential oil-Clove essential oil is another blockbuster oil to lower high cholesterol levels. anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects, clove can also help to boost the immune system. The active ingredient found in cloves called eugenol (a colorless or pale yellow liquid compound present in oil of cloves and other essential oils and used in perfumery.) inhibit platelets from forming which, helps to prevent blood clot formation. If the blood does not clot then it can freely flow through the body and with no blood clotting comes no blocked arteries from cholesterol buildup.
Lavender essential oil-A very popular essential oil because of its calming and soothing effects and its sweet floral scent. It will lower cholesterol levels by shrinking blood vessels.
Cypress and rosemary essential oils-Cypress essential oil contains antioxidant properties that may be able remove toxins from the human body.. It acts much the same way omega-3 fatty acids operate. It activate a strong blood flow which calms the nervous system. Rosemary Essential oil contains powerful analgesic properties, which will kill arthritis pain and many other kinds of aches and pains. Both oils are effective at lowering high cholesterol levels in the body.
Cinnamon essential oil-This essential oil has been found to stabilize blood sugar levels which is a huge plus for people who have diabetes. It makes a great essential oil and it can help reduce inflammation and fight infections. It can help to lower high cholesterol and it doesn’t have a lot of side effects..
Myrrh Essential Oil-Contains anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce cholesterol and lower blood pressure.
Basil essential oil-Basil essential oil is an antispasmodic which helps to ease muscle tension. It can have powerful decongestant and antiseptic effects in the body. It also has powerful cholesterol lowering properties.
Bergamot essential oil-Bergamot essential oil is famous for being an antidepressant.It can also help to keep cholesterol levels under control. Bergamot oil will control the appetite if used properly. This can cut the power eating out. The abundant supply of polyphenols it has , which control metabolism and prevents cholesterol absorption. The perfect cholesterol reducer.
Oregano essential oil-Its medicinal properties appear when it is in concentrated oil form. Oregano essential oil by nature is a cholesterol lowering agent. But be careful using it because it may interfere with blood thinning medications. The oil has abundant omega-3 fatty acids, and some arginine. It has a good level of semi-essential amino acids, These semi-essential amino acids lower cholesterol and triglyceride found in the bloodstream.
Ginger essential oil-This oil is famous for creating a warm sensation feeling inside when used. It contains antioxidants properties that help to reduce inflammation and remove waste.These two actions help the blood to flow more freely . Ginger essential oil helps to break down sugar and helps sugar to be absorbed into the body.
Grapefruit Essential Oil-Grapefruit oil is is a great detoxifier and cholesterol minimizing agent. It is always functions weight loss agent.It hasd-limonene, a component that releases the all important fatty acids in the blood.The body loses weight when the lipid peroxidation and cholesterol levels are lowered.loses weight.
Cholesterol Recipes using Essential Oils:
Recipe #1: For use with Capsules
Use the Essential oils below in Capsule Form.
- Rosemary oil: Take 1 to 2 drops in a capsule filled with your choice of carrier oil (e.g. olive oil). Take once a day to benefit from its cholesterol-lowering and cardio-protective effects.
- Oregano oil: Take 1 to 2 drops in a capsule filled with your choice of carrier oil and consume daily.
- Myrrh oil: Take 1 to 2 drops in a capsule filled with your choice of carrier oil and consume daily.
Recipe #2: Cholesterol-balancing blend
- Three bits of rosemary essential oil
- Two bits of Roman chamomile oil
- One bit Helichrysum
- Some ginger oil
- Combine this mixture of essential oils with 10 ml of carrier oil. Ingest two drops daily. You may also take one drop of clove and lemon essential oils in addition to this regimen.
Recipe #3: Black pepper, peppermint, rosemary, and ginger oil blend
- Combine a drop each of black pepper, peppermint, rosemary, and ginger oils with 10 ml of carrier oil.
- Ingest in capsule form.
Recipe #4: Bergamot, ylang ylang, and rose oil blend
- Combine a drop each of bergamot, ylang ylang, and rose oils with 10 ml of carrier oil.
- Ingest in capsule form.
Recipe #5: Clove and lemongrass oil blend
- Combine 2 drops of lemongrass oil and 1 drop of clove oil with 5 ml of carrier oil. You may also add 2 drops of grapefruit oil to your blend to lower cholesterol.
- Ingest in capsule form.
Recipe 1 – For Oral Consumption
- You can try any of Rosemary, Myrrh, and Oregano Oils.
- Consume one or two drops, mixed with a capsule filled with carrier oil daily.
- 1 drop of Bergamot oil
- 1 drop of Rose oil
- 1 drop of Ylang-ylang oil
- 5 ml of Olive oil
- Mix the oils above and ingest once daily.
- 1 drop of Ginger oil
- 1 drop of peppermint oil
- 1 drop of black pepper oil
- 1 drop of rosemary oil
- 10 ml of Sweet almond or olive oil
- Blend these oils and ingest.
Recipe 4 – Cholesterol Reducing blend
- 1 drops of Clove oil
- 2 drop of grapefruit oil
- 2 drops of lemongrass oil
- Add the oils to your capsule and ingest twice daily.
Carol had high LDL cholesterol levels at one time. She went to her doctor who prescribed statin drugs twice to bring those LDL cholesterol levels down. Both times Carol had to quit those drugs because of some very negative side effects. But it is odd her doctor would have her take those drugs a second time when she suffered negative side effects the first time taking the drugs.
“I had heard that using 4 drops of Clove and 4 drops of Lemongrass in a capsule taken internally, twice a day would help to lower cholesterol.” So Carol gave this natural essential oil remedy a try and it worked very well for her. Her doctor’s reactions were not recorded. So, whether he approved of the treatment is not known.
She used this combination of essential oils for 30 days and she achieved some impressive results. She lowered her LDL cholesterol levels from 180 to 166!. “I’m going to now up my dosages to 6 drops of each of the above oils twice a day. Thank you Young Living Essential Oils and Gary Young! “ That my friend is quite a big drop and she did it simply using essential oils. So, essential oils can really minimize cholesterol levels.
You just cannot say that it was a fluke that Carol lowered her cholesterol levels by using these essential oils. The proof is right there she used the oils for 30 days and her levels dropped dramatically.
- “I have posted about a distributor of mine who had a dramatic drop in his cholesterol by drinking Ningxia Red Juice. If the cholesterol is very high, drink 2-4 oz a day of NXR. Ladonna is right about Gary saying that lemongrass and rosemary in a cap daily will also help lower cholesterol. Muscle test for amount of drops needed. Good Luck!
- Longevity Capsules lowered my sister’s cholesterol by 64 points in only 5 weeks and you only take ONE capsule a day!
- I was in a similar spot, as my husband had very high cholesterol and didn’t want to take Lipitor. So I started experimenting with a few tips from the EDR. After approximately 2 months he had his count checked again to see how we were doing. I’m very pleased to tell you his total cholesterol was down 67 points! Here’s the daily protocol. 2 JuvaTone, JuvaFlex and Helichrysum on artery points (inside ankles, wrist pulse, behind knee, below ear, etc.), 10 drops Clove oil in capsule. No significant change in diet, either. Hope this helps. Good Luck!
- I cannot tell you about Ginger with cholesterol, but I would certainly take a look at what minerals can do (Mineral Essence) and WATER. Check out the book Your Body’s Many Cries for Water. You might be surprised to learn more about cholesterol. I was. I heard Gary say the other night “Cholesterol does not come from cholesterol.” Gives you something to think about.
- Sometime ago I posted information regarding dehydration and elevated cholesterol. You might find it in the archives. In the meantime in addition to the oils and supplements, increase H2O consumption up to at the very least 1/2 ounce per each pound of body weight. More will be better.
- I hate to butt my nose in, but I just have to. First of all, if you are happy with your doctor, have no side effects (medically) from the drug and your personality (emotional) has not been affected by the drug, then stop reading this email right now.
- HOWEVER, if you notice side effects from Lipitor, if your personality seems different – you are short tempered, irritable, depressed or anxious, then you should truly consider a change. Ultra Young (with or without DHEA) is a miracle product when it comes to dealing with cholesterol. My ex-husband’s cholesterol was 286. He went on Lipitor and it was a nightmare.
- I had him stop the drug and gave him a bottle of Ultra Young with DHEA that he used 2 times a day. He used 2 sprays in the a.m. and 2 sprays in the p.m. Within 6 months his cholesterol was 180. Granted, in the first month or two I was the nagging wife from hell. Every day “Did you spray?” “Have you sprayed today?” “Where’s your spray?”
- But once the routine was set, the product worked a miracle. My cholesterol was 224, after four months of Ultra Young I’m down below 180. So consider the product for yourself. I am certainly not qualified to give any medical advice, only my own experience with Lipitor and the YLEO products.”
There you have different essential oils, essential oil blends and essential oil recipes that can help to lower your cholesterol levels. There have been some testimonials included in this article to show living examples of cholesterol levels being lowered by using essential oils.