There is a fallacy floating in our world today. It says that if you are genetically prone to acne that there is nothing you can do about it. This is the way it so grins and bears it. Baloney! This simply is not true there is a lot of home remedies and professional treatments out there for acne prone people. You do not have to live with acne even if you are genetically predisposed to it. We will explore a popular method these days for treating acne. It is the retinol cream remedy. Retinol cream may be a very effective method for fighting acne. Let’s go find out if this is true or not.
- 1 Retinol is it a Wonder Cream
- 2 Regulating the Uncomfortable Side effects
- 3 The Top Retinol Creams
- 4 RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Facial Night Acne Cream
- 5 La Roche-Posay Redermic R Eyes Anti-Aging Retinol Cream
- 6 Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Serum With Retinol
- 7 Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion
- 8 SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 Maximum Strength Refining Night Cream
- 9 Bioelements Oil Control Sleepwear
- 10 iS Clinical Pro-Heal Serum Advance+
- 11 Obagi360 Retinol 1.0
- 12 For all skin types
- 13 Conclusion:
Retinol is it a Wonder Cream
There may or may not have been some unrealistic claims about retinol cream. We are here to explore the truth about how effective retinol cream is in killing acne. It is said to speed up the process of helping dead skin cells to grow and fall away. It also stops the meltdown of collagen which is nature’s mystery for keeping the skin loose and flexible. This leaves the less likelihood of the dead cells falling into pores and clogging them, We can start by looking at the ten best retinol creams according to this website. There was a study conducted in which retinol combined with vitamin A to fight acne in patients. The results were that 85% of the recipients showed promising results from these two ingredients in the reduction of their acne breakouts.
The same experiment showed a tremendous effect in women having their acne reduced. The results were so good that the minimal improvement for women was at 75%.
Retinol cream is a watered down version of vitamin A. It can damage the skin if you go out into the sun. So, if you plan on applying retinol cream to your face stay indoors and avoid going out to sunbathe. Do not slather a bunch of retinol on the face at one time.
Do You Mean there are Side Effects to Retinol
Yes, there are side effects to retinol that we need to be aware of.
Initially, retinol will irritate your skin when you apply it until the body builds up a tolerance to it. Your skin will be itchy as well.
Retinol will leave your skin dry and leathery like you have had a hot, arid desert wind constantly blowing in your face. This is because it brings dead skin cells into an early retirement. The skin could turn beet red and peel and flake off like sunburned skin because of the abrasive effect.
Do not use retinol based products if you have eczema or rosacea. Pregnant and breastfeeding moms are warmed to stay away from retinol. In retinol studies involving rats, it was known to cause in baby rest. Rats are not humans so this warning can be taken with a grain of salt. Humans will not react like rats.
In extreme cases, retinol could cause harmful effects on people with sensitive skin. If you find that retinol is causing severe irritation and making the skin swell and turn red. If any of these signs show up on your skin stop the application immediately.
Regulating the Uncomfortable Side effects
The good thing is retinol side effects can be kept under control.
Right off the bat to control skin irritation start out using retinol in small amounts. Use products with a lower concentration. Be patient the body has to grow us to the vitamin A levels. As the resistance comes and goes stronger than increase to stronger doses of retinol. Take the journey one step at a time so you will benefit the skin not damage it.
Just because another person has moved on to a stronger dose of retinol in one week. Does not mean that you should follow suit. Your skin may not be able to take higher doses of retinol within one week. Go s your skin allows you to.
Use skin hydrating products and other soothing treatments keep side effects to a minimum. This will also give your skin better results.
Retinol is not a fix to all product but it can do many things for the skin. Combine it with moisturizers, antioxidants and skin cleansers to achieve the greatest results.
Clean hygiene will go a long way in and wash the face will get rid of some of the dead skin cells that have gathered. Us plenty of hydrates and always moisturize the face.
The Top Retinol Creams
RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Facial Night Acne Cream
This cream will work wondrously on all skin types. It carries Retinol, zinc, copper, magnesium and glycolic acids as its very active ingredients.
- This cream has a healthy amount of retinol that works all night long to kill that acne.
- Good old glycolic acid maintains moisture in the skin and keeps it in top shape.
- Minerals continue to kill cells at a good rate
- As mentioned before will work on any skin type
- Claims to have won many honors throughout the years and is a proven acne killer
- Minimal burning and discomfort occurs on the skin when using the product
- The abundant source of retinol in the product will not be beneficial to new users
- Put it on right before bedtime. Leave the cream on overnight for best results of killing acne
- If you want to put some kind of skin hydrate over the retinol this may give you better results
- Use it every other night. You want to slowly build up to a daily application
La Roche-Posay Redermic R Eyes Anti-Aging Retinol Cream
Use on sensitive skin types
Retinol, caprylyl glycol, citric acid, glycerin, caffeine are its power ingredients.
- Mild and calming good to put on the eyes and round it. You should never put any type of retinol cream on the eyes very dangerous!
- All skin types can use it
- Specially designed for people with all kinds of allergies
- Scent free and no paraben added
- It has glycerin and other calming agents that soothe the skin
- It is so mild it is ineffective in areas except for the eyes
- The cream should not be put in the eyes no matter how mild it is
- Useless for reducing swollen eyes
- Put on liberally around the eyes in the morning and in the evening
- Protect yourself with suntan lotion after you put this cream on
- Do not let it get into your eyes
Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Serum With Retinol
The repair cream is excellent for getting rid of deep wrinkles. Apply it every day and you will see the notable improvement in wrinkle reduction in one week. This cream maintains the quality line of products Neutrogena has put out for years. It is best used on desert-like skin. The powerhouse ingredients in this cream are Accelerated Retinol, Hyaluronic acid.
- This cream softens the skin and kills the wrinkles
- It makes the skin look mild and smooth as soon as you apply it
- Noticeable effects on the skin within one week. It makes the skin radiate
- Evens out skin tone and removes swollen eyes
- Very effective and cost-effective
- So strong this cream may cause noticeable redness, irritation, and itchy, dry skin
- This cream is useless for sensitive and reactive skin types Don’t use it if you fall into either category
- Only use this cream at night because the retinol it contains is so strong
- Apply conservatively until you know your skin can handle the higher dose of retinol
- Use skin moisturizers often to neutralize the abrasive effects
Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion
Murad skin perfecting lotion can help your skin in so many ways. It keeps it healthy and consistently soft. Dermatologists love this cream and this cream will really benefit your skin if
you use it routinely. Long-term benefits of this cream are better than any other cream made like it. It is a top and you can buy maybe even the best one.
Super Ingredients are retinol of course and Queen of meadow extracts
Good for oily, porous, and rough skin
- This cream is superior in removing acne and works as effectively as a nu anti-acne cream out there
- It is a pleasant moisturizer and soothes the skin
- Clogs pores which are not good. Shows a consistent skin tone if it is applied heavily and daily
- Minimizes oil production in oily skin and evens out bumpy areas on the skin
- It contains preservatives such as ethylparaben and aminomethyl propanol these can cause skin irritation
- Have parabens which might cause breast cancer this is not a good prospect
- Could multiply skin and sun sensitivity for a time
- Apply at bedtime for the most effective results
- Use in conjunction with a facial cleanser the results will be beneficial. Follow this after cleanser applied to face
- If used during the day apply suntan lotion after you apply this cream
SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 Maximum Strength Refining Night Cream
The SkinCeuticals is a powerful cream and does work. It may remove wrinkles and acne just give it a try.Supposedly the cream will give you “unbelievable” and “wow” results like some other creams are advertised that will deliver similar results. SkinCeuticals will perform for you.
Ingredients are: Retinol (1%)
Best used on all skin types except for sensitive skin types
- If You have had poor results with other creams this one will work for you
- The high concentration of retinol at one percent makes this cream able to stop acne and many other skin problems
- May help with acne, uneven skin tone, wrinkles and a host of other skin problems
- The major ingredient in this cream can help with many skin issues
- High content of retinol will irritate skin if you do not apply it properly
- Will not deactivate skin pores
- People with sensitive skin will not like this powerful cream
- Respect the strength of this cream. If you are not a seasoned retinol user don’t use it The high content of retinol is the highest this cream or any cream may contain without a prescription
- Start out easy and apply twice a week. Carefully work up to daily application as your skin builds up its resistance
- Use skin hydration in conjunction with this cream for the best results
- This cream is so strong you better talk to your doctor before you use it
Bioelements Oil Control Sleepwear
This cream works best if used right before your bedtime. It will kill acne and many other skin conditions. It will make the skin look radiant and years younger. It will remove acne and other skin irritants. It leaves the skin looking refurbished and restored.
Key Ingredients: Retinol, Calcium, peptides, Vitamin E
Best used on Oily and Combination type skin
- Calms the skin while removing wrinkles and lines
- It is well-known for its ability to control the oil production in oily skin
- Absorbs into the skin without any effort and is gentle on skin
- May be useful for other skin types
- Ineffective for getting rid of acne which seems odd because it controls oil production in the pores so well
- This is a strong statement but there are gentler and more effective creams on the market. This is to say don’t but this cream
This is an odd instruction but it is advised to heart up to this cream before you use it at bedtime. Leave it on all night. Heating it up will leave a messy cream in your hands
iS Clinical Pro-Heal Serum Advance+
This cream is effective for sensitive skin. The cream will help with a lot of skin issues. They include acne and rosacea. It is claimed that this is the best product to use on acne and rosacea.
Powerhouse Ingredients: Retinol, Kojic Acid, Vitamin E, Vitamin C
Treats sensitive and acne-laden skin well
- They boast it is the best skin cream to eliminate rosacea and acne. Not a proven fact.
- Good for really sensitive skin, sun damaged skin and aging skin
- Good for insect bites
- Eliminates dry skin patches, uneven skin tones, and wrinkles
- Vitamin C may be irritable and burn the skin which is never a good thing
- It costs too much money
- Cleanse your facial skin with a good cleansing agent before you apply this serum
- Apply it gently to your face
- Once your skin builds up a resistance to this serum apply it daily
Obagi360 Retinol 1.0
This cream is internationally known to help people with various skin problems. It is a good product and could be one of the best on the internet. It is a strong but gentle cream and the 1 percent retinol it contains is the highest concentration allowed in a non-prescription cream. It is time released but it could still irritate the skin with the high concentration of retinol
Power Ingredients: Retinol, Bisabolol, Jojoba Seed Oil, Sage Leaf Extract, Shea Butter
For all skin types
- It helps any skin type and treats a number of skin rashes
- Reduces wrinkles, reduces skin spots and age spots and evens out skin tone and smoothes over rough skin. May make skin look radiant
- Has a high level of retinol so it will not be gentle
- Due to the high level of retinol, you should consult your doctor before using this product.
- Seasoned retinol users are the only ones who should use this product because it contains so much retinol
- Start out by using it once or twice a week and let your skin build up a tolerance to the retinol. Then apply daily once the skin is tolerant of the retinol.
- Do not use it during the day
- Moisturizers will help the performance of the cream
- Advanced Clinical Retinol Cream
This particular cream is designed to moisturize hydrate the skin. Whether this will help acne or not is questionable. It addresses a number of skin problems and works well in removing wrinkles and the signs of aging. It helps to reduce swollen skin under the eyes and minimizes dark circles.
Key Ingredients: Retinol, Glycerin
Treats all types of skin
- Evens out uneven skin patches removes wrinkles and acne
- Gentle on the skin and will cause no irritation. It is claimed that it is gentle enough to use on hands and arm. Use caution on when applying to arms and hands.
- Contains no parabens
- Unfortunately, this is a slow-working cream that will take time to resolve skin issues including acne
- Is not for outdoor use which could limit its effectiveness
- Take a shower before using this cream for the best results. This could be a weakness.
- Rub it on the skin gently focusing on acne affected areas. Focus on wrinkles as well
- Because of its calming effects, you can use it daily unlike other retinol based products that cannot be used daily it is claimed. The truth is you can use any retinol-based cream daily once your skin builds up a tolerance for the product.
There you have a summary of the top retinol based creams to use for acne-prone skin. The products can be used for other skin issues as well. We have listed the ingredients, pros, and cons of each of the retinol-based products. Choose your brand and give it a try.