Now, comes the time to review which vitamin c serum will make your face the brightest, shiniest, and healthiest it can be. First off do these vitamin c serums really make a difference anyway? Are the more expensive ones really any better than the ones that are lower priced? If you use a vitamin c serum on your face will you expect to get immediate results? Obviously, this is what you want is the quickest results possible.
This begs another question which one of these serums will bring the fastest results and will these results be the desired ones. There could be side effects to using vitamin c serums for facial enhancement. They could be serious or they could be harmless. Remember this is your face we are talking about here and you don’t want to do anything that is irreversible to that face. The whole world will see that mistake but more importantly you have to live with that mistake and you will see that mistake every day in the mirror for the rest of your life. The point being is be careful which vitamin c serum you choose and be cautious how you use it. You could be better off to consult your doctor before using any type of vitamin c serum especially for your face. Let’s get to some reviews.
This particular brand of serum has a high concentration of vitamin c in it. The more vitamin c that is in a product the quicker the results will be on the skin. The most active and potent ingredient in this serum is Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (This ingredient is a salt of ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), used as an antioxidant.) which makes this serum staple so there will be no skin irritation. The last thing you want is red,dry, irritated-looking skin when you are trying to beautify your skin.
With a balanced pH of 6.5, Serumtologie serum lands in the perfect bracket range for skin pH levels. The normal skin pH range is between 4 and 7. Applying a product that falls out of this pH range can cause adverse reactions and irritation. Which will be very painful in the long run. The product comes in a blue glass bottle and it is more expensive than you would expect to pay for a serum of this nature. The serum is quite smooth for easy and quick application. It is applicable for all skin types which makes it very versatile.
- For favorable results, we recommend you use no more than 5 or 6 drops. Gently pat the serum on your face and make a habit of using a good SPF product as well.
This serum (like most vitamin C serums) contains 5% Hyaluronic Acid and the benefits of this were not listed. This product is touted as the one of the best on the market today. It also contains vitamin E which is supposed to be one of the best nutrients to protect the skin from free radical damage. The last place you want free radical damage ids on your face. Vitamin E also protects the skin from aging. Vitamin C combined with Vitamin E can provide your skin with a powerful antioxidant effect, enhancing skin cell repair and smoothening the skin.
Ferulic acid is a hydroxycinnamic acid, a type of organic compound. It is an abundant phenolic phytochemical found in plant cell wall components such as arabinoxylans as covalent side chains.) is another ingredient found in this serum. This acid is a powerful antioxidant that not only battles free radicals but it also protects free radicals from damaging the body. Due to the synergistic results of the ingredients in Serumtologie Vitamin C serum, you can rapidly enhance your skin health.
However, on the off chance that you do not experience the outcome you expect, you can apply for the company’s money back guarantee without any strings attached.This is a refreshing marketing philosophy that the company will return the money with no questions asked. They take great pride in their product and they have the confidence it will satisfy your expectations.
- You can expect visible effects in a matter of days
- Transparent money-back guarantee
- The serum has synergistic qualities
- Has more vitamin C than a majority of other products
- The manufacturer has a no questions asked money back guarantee if you do not have any results
- Everyone will not experience quick results
- The price of the serum is on the expensive end
Oz Naturals Vitamin C Serum
From the world of Oz comes Oz Naturals Vitamin C Serum. This serum guarantees to enhance your skin health from the first application on. This is quite a claim the company has to live up to. This product is able to boost cellular repair, inhibiting the adverse effects of free radicals on your skin. This is because it contains very powerful ingredients.
This is a non- GMO product that is designed for all skin types making it a versatile serum. The product is supposed to work rapidly so the skin retains more water. The more the skin is hydrated the younger it looks. The serum comes in an amber bottle, which prevents oxidation because vitamin C serums are traditionally quite photosensitive. You will not have to worry about storing in a place where there is no sunlight. The serum is not thick or runny but has a balanced consistency making for easy facial application.
- It is suggested you start using a couple of drops at first and check how much area it covers.
- Although some users stated repeated usage of the serum caused dry skin – we advise that you should use a nice moisturizer after applying the serum – that is if you experience dry skin as well.
Typically all vitamin c serums carry the same ingredients but this is where Oz’s serum shines. It has different ingredients than other serums contain. The serum contains 5% Vegan Hyaluronic Acid which can increase the skin’s ability to retain water. A gram of Hyaluronic Acid can help lock in 1000 mL of water. Because of the added water retention the skin will look soft and invigorated giving a youthful look for years to come.
Organic Jojoba Oil
Of all the popular natural oils that are scientifically certified to to enhance skin health, jojoba oil is maybe the only one that mimics a perfect resemblance this sebum. The wax that is naturally secreted through the human sebaceous glands is known as sebum. The wax efficiently and effectively keeps your hair and skin lubricated. Why the resemblance between the sebum and jojoba oil is the same is really not that significant.
The amino acids in the Oz natural serum enhance the blood circulation within the face. This increased blood flow helps the skin to get the nourishment and oxygen it needs to look supple and youthful. Because of this powerful amino acid blend improves blood circulation within the face;you can use this serum to heal scars and other unattractive marks on your face.
- No irritability
- Good balance in consistency
- Quick absorption
- Additional ingredients that make the serum stand out from the rest of the serums
- This serum can be used to heal scars and other marks on the face
- The amino acid blend improves blood circulation within the facial area
- Gives dry skin to some customers
- No price mentioned
Cosmetics Skin Solution Vitamin C+E Serum 15%
This product has the Vitamin C+E serum by Cosmetic Skin Solution is one of two brands that contain a lower vitamin C percentage (15%). Which starting off is not a good sign. The serum has a Ph balance of 3 which is designed for people with normal to oily skin. This falls out of the normal Ph range of 4 to 7 so this product could have adverse effects on the skin. It may also cause irritability on the skin.
The serum is packaged in an amber bottle but has a weird smell. It also has a bad consistency because it is a bit watery. It has a fast absorption rate.
Unfortunately, this serum has no additional ingredients and is processed with the standard ingredients all standard serums are produced with. The product consists of 1% vitamin E and 1% of Ferulic acid.
- Contains L-Ascorbic Acid
- Highly beneficial considering the price
- Low pH
- People cannot get use to the stinky smell
- The price was not mentioned
- The ingredients are the standard fare for serums
- No additional ingredients make the product stand out
- The Ph range can cause irritability and have adverse affects on the skin
- Overall the product is not outstanding in any of its features
- Limited skin types
SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic
The serum has high concentration of L-Ascorbic acid but its Ph value is 2.5. Again, this product can cause adverse effects and irritability to the skin because of the low Ph value. The price is higher than some of the other serums and is not justified for the quality of the product. With its price tag you should expect the serum to keep working even after you have washed your face or rubbed your facial skin.
- The product is beneficial for people that have oily to normal skin.
- For best results, we recommend that you apply 4 to 5 drops of the serum.
- When talking about consistency, the CE Ferulic serum is pretty smooth and light.
- The product comes packaged in an amber glass bottle, which also includes a dropper for convenient application.
The product carries no additional ingredients and constitutes the ingredients most serums contain. There is a drawback this serum only contains 1.5 percent ferulic acid which is a low amount. In all honesty the product is not worth the expensive price. It is hard to understand how the company can ask such a price for a poor quality serum.
- Quick drying
- Effective for 72 hours after being washed
- You can expect results within a couple of weeks
- Decent consistency
- Too expensive
- Overall poor quality product
- Low Folic Acid levels only 1.5 percent
- Low Ph level 2.5
- Too similar in makeup to Cosmetics Skin Solution Vitamin C+E Serum 15%
- Limited skin types
Foxbrim Vitamin C Serum for Face
This serum is designed for all skin types but the consistency is not watery but a little on the thick side. This could cause slow absorption because of the thick consistency. With a high concentration of vitamin C (20%), a majority of it is in the form of Sodium Ascorbate.
However, the product is quite budget-friendly compared to the rest of the brands reviewed here.
Do not judge the product based on the lower price tag because users have said it is increasingly effective.
Plus, Foxbrim Vitamin C serum is odorless, which eliminates the irritability caused by unpleasant serum odor.The serum is packaged in an amber bottle – designed to be tamperproof. This alone is a testimony to how reliable the product is. This product has a lot gonna for it.
Fox serum contains Hyaluronic acid to keep your skin soft and fresh which will give it luster and a youthful appearance for years to come. The amino complex embraces a youthful and healthy look as well. Also the product contains MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) which is an effective component because it helps your body produce more collagen which always helps skin to stay healthy-looking. This is the primary reason why most skincare and beauty products usually will contain MSM.It also helps eliminate deep, fine lines and wrinkles. When combined with vitamin C, MSM can significantly improve your skin health also enhancing your skin tone, eliminating any skin discoloration.
- Budget-friendly price
- The serum is odorless
- Users can expect a radiant effect on skin
- Contains additional ingredients helping this serum to stand out among its peers
- Tamper proof bottle
- Reliability of the serum
- All these benefits at a reasonable price
- Has MSM which helps to produce more collagen in the body
- People battle with the consistency issue
- Thick consistency may slow down absorption into the skin
TrueSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum
TrueSkin Naturals’ serum is manufactured with vegan Hyaluronic acid (vegan), which provides users with top quality vitamin C to help get nourished, supple and radiant skin. There was only one other serum in the reviews that had this same ingredient. The product contains a variety of antioxidants, which include hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel), organic aloe barbadensis and MSM (methylsulfonylmethane). The manufacturer boldly claims that their serum can provide users with an eight-fold skin protection, combating free radicals. This is a tall order to back up.
The serum is also effective for getting rid of dark spots; it also eliminates discolorations and enhances the overall texture of your skin. The product is on the expensive side which is not a good selling point for the serum. It has all the vital ingredients to eliminate your wrinkles and fine lines, keeping it healthy bright and full of healthy skin cells like collagen and elastin.
Furthermore, the serum has a pH safe pH skin balance of 6.5. The perfect pH balance of a vitamin C serums should fall somewhere between 4 and 7. Using a serum that exceeds this range could cause a lot of irritation and possibly skin allergies. The vitamin C serum was also designed to cater to all skin types.
- We recommend using a few drops of the serum to test its potency and effect on your skin You should first wash your face with your favorite cleanser, dry your face and gently massage it with a few drops of the serum.If you’re using a toner then make sure apply the serum after you have put on your toner.
The vitamin C serum has a rich supply of vitamin E. Vitamin E is effective in restoring scarred skin to normal-looking skin. Plus, vitamin E also helps considerably reduce the signs of aging.
It is one of the most frequently used nutrients in vitamin C serums. Together, both vitamin C and E can provide your skin with a powerful combination of antioxidants, which result in faster skin cell rejuvenation and repair, helping it to smoothen.
- Fast absorption
- High potency
- Active ingredient vegan Hyaluronic acid
- Very high Ph level in the perfect range for a serum
- Has effective additional ingredients
- Too expensive
- Manufacturer makes bold claim about 8-fold protection to fight free radical damage. This claim may not be able to be supported
So, if you are careful you can use vitamin C serums safely. In our reviews expensive does not always guarantee quality. In another vein just because a serum is lower priced it does not mean it is an inferior product. Infact some of the serums reviewed were lower in price and were made of a higher quality than the more expensive serums. The old saying is true here “You get what you pay for.”