Here Is How to Make Yourself Throw up in Case of Emergency
This has got to be one of the most disgusting topics to talk about. But it has to be dealt with. Sometimes individuals are in life threatening circumstances and an emergency throw up is critical. It could even save their life. There is plenty of data on the internet to help one achieve this end. Literally you may save a person’s life by assisting them in throwing up or making yourself throw up if you ever are in that kind of circumstance. Truly, we hope you never find yourself in this type of scenario.
It’s bad enough to throw up when you go through a normal sickness but to have to throw up as emergency measure is to be in dire straits but if it will save your life then it needs to happen. Let’s look at some ways to accomplish this.
If you or someone you know accidentally swallows poison then inducing vomiting may save their life and it may get the poisonous substance partially out but hopefully out is ideal. The first method we will look at is the Gag Reflex method to induce vomiting. Here is how:
Method 1- Open the Victim’s Mouth
- Make sure the head is pointed downward to avoid choking. Also, make sure they aren’t lying on their back this too can cause them to choke if they are.
- You can use the gag reflex to induce vomiting in yourself. You will have to a very strong will to make yourself gag enough to vomit.
1) Insert your index and middle fingers into victim’s mouth. Move your fingers along the victim’s mouth toward the back of their throat.
2) Press downward with your fingertips when you touch the back of the person’s throat. If this doesn’t induce vomiting then tickle the back of the person’s throat with your fingertips. This should induce vomiting.
3) Be Prepared to Vomit
If the person begins to convulse and vomit try and get out of the way and direct them to a toilet, container, or another spot. But please if the person has swallowed something poisonous to worry about saving your clothes or carpet. You must move quickly and induce vomiting it could be the difference between life and death.
4) Wash your Hands
This is a huge step if the person vomits on your skin then immediately wash your hands with warm water and soap. Wash the hands extensively to remove the germs. You don’t want to spread those germs to the rest of the world.
Method 2- The Mustard Solution
This is a home remedy that hasn’t been verified.
1) Mix Mustard and warm water
- Mix one tablespoon of mustard into a one cup of warm water. This will create an emetic, which is a substance that induces vomiting, and should cause the desired effect.
- Note* There is no scientific evidence to support this method will induce vomiting. This is a suggested home remedy and is not medically proven. So, when using this method keep this in the forefront of your mind. It may not work and if someone has swallowed poison or is in a life-threatening circumstance time is of the essence.
- The warm water mustard method will sound unappealing because it’s supposed to make you throw up. If you think you will have trouble swallowing it then try pinching your nose. If this doesn’t work then try holding your breath to get the concoction down.
- Wait 20-30 minutes before you will feel like vomiting. If this doesn’t happen within this timeframe the method was ineffective.
Method 3- Saline Solution Preparation
- Mix salt and warm water together
- Blend 3 teaspoons of salt into 16 ounces of warm water will create a good emetic
- Warning-be careful drinking salt water as, a vomit inducer, consuming too much may be deadly
- Drink the saline solution quickly
- Wait for 20 or 30 minutes for the vomiting to occur. If in this time vomiting doesn’t happen organically this method didn’t work. This is another unverified home remedy that may not induce vomiting.
Method 4- This is a disgusting method to induce vomiting-Slime Gag
- Mix two or three raw egg whites or 1 cup of okra slime in water (the liquid left after boiling okra)
- If egg whites are too risky for you to consume than try using pasteurized eggs instead of non-pasteurized eggs
- Slowly gargle egg white or okra solution till the gagging reflex is induced (the vomiting should start at this point)
- Spit the egg white or okra solution into a cup
- Repeat this treatment until vomiting occurs
- This is an unverified home remedy that may not induce vomiting so keep this in mind if you decide to try this method
Method 5- Observing Someone else Vomit
- Ask someone to vomit
- Watching someone else vomit can induce you to vomit
- This is called “sympathy vomiting” which means the indirect vomiting party may vomit watching the direct party vomit (even if the indirect party doesn’t have an illness like the direct vomiting party)
- The safest way for the direct party to vomit is to apply the gag reflex method which has been outlined above
- Wait for the direct party to vomit then inhale the vomit smell. If you feel nausea coming on don’t fight the feeling. But use the nausea to vomit yourself.
- This is a totally unverified method and should only be used if all other methods have failed. This is an absolutely desperate method to use. Also, consult a health professional before you try this method. This method most likely will not be effective in causing you to vomit
Ipecac is used in the emergency treatment of certain kinds of poisoning. It is used to cause vomiting of the poison. Only the syrup form of ipecac should be used. A bottle of ipecac labeled as being Ipecac Fluidextract or Ipecac Tincture should not be used.
Beware this ipecac syrup will make you throw up for certain and is very strong. You really should consult a medical professional before using this product. The health professional will be able to consult you on the proper dosage to use. This syrup is reserved for when victims swallow poison or poisons. In other words you need to be very careful when you use this ipecac syrup to induce vomiting. The more you take the more violent the vomiting will be. This is used to rid the body of poisonous substances so it is very strong stuff to ingest. You don’t want to take more than you need it could have harmful effects on your health. If you are in a life threatening situation (i.e you swallowed cyanide or some other deadly poison) you want to make sure you ingest enough of the syrup so it will remove all the poison from the system. There is a delicate balance here that a doctor needs to guide the in the process of consuming this syrup.
You just don’t want to to take this syrup routinely to vomit with. This is again for very serious cases where poison or possibly large doses of poison have been swallowed accidentally or otherwise. Don’t play around with this syrup.
Method 7- Vomiting Naturally
The human body was designed to vomit naturally under certain conditions. If you are in an emergency situation and you feel the need to vomit don’t induce it yourself. Let your body go into “vomit mode” and it will get rid of the foreign substance naturally. Sometimes the best thing to do is just let the body relieve itself through natural means.
Vomiting isn’t always necessary as the body may just be going through a “wave” of nausea. If you feel nauseous don’t panic and go ahead and try to make yourself vomit. It may not be necessary to vomit. So, why put yourself through all that discomfort if you don’t have to. Just go to the bathroom or somewhere quiet and sit for a few minutes. The urge to vomit will either pass or you will vomit. Signs to look for when the body is getting ready to vomit:
- Excessive salivation
- Uneasy feeling in the stomach with extreme discomfort.
- Seek feeling with nausea which becomes worse as you move.
- Lips become pale
Method 7- Dangerous Bloodroot Herb (and we mean dangerous bloodroot herb)
Truly you need to be so careful with this bloodroot herb. Some Native American cultures use it to induce vomiting. But you must contact a health professional before you decide to use this bloodroot herb. It cannot be emphasized enough to consult a doctor before you even think about consuming this deadly herb. You need to take it in small doses because if it is consumed in large doses it will be fatal. It can lead to a sore foot or worse yet tunnel vision. You mix the powder with water and drink it quickly to induce nausea and vomiting. It is a toxic herb and it isn’t an easy solution. You really should stay clear of this herb. Again, if you do use it you need to consult a health professional first. It could kill if it is taken in excessive amounts.
Method 8- Drink of all Substances Coca Cola
It was always thought coke was a drink to consume because you enjoyed it. Who thought of drinking it to force the body to throw up. But apparently it is recommended to be used to induce vomiting. If you drink coke sometimes the bubbles in the liquid will make you sick to your stomach and you will vomit. In this case the most effective way is to drink the coke as fast as you can and you make get nauseous and vomit it. If this “fresh” method doesn’t work then try drinking some stale coke. Drink stale coke every hour on the hour. Eventually, you will get nauseous and vomit. This method is good to apply after food poisoning it is claimed. This is another method that hasn’t been qualified so be cautious when using this “treatment”.
Method 9- The Old Toothbrush Method
Toothbrushes are used for more than just helping to freshen your breath and whiten your teeth. They can be used to induce vomiting. Have you ever brushed your teeth so violently you started to gag? Your toothbrush starts to go down your throat and you start gagging and you feel like you will vomit. Well, there is a deliberate method to use to make yourself vomit using a common toothbrush. You need to wet the bristles of the toothbrush and rub the toothbrush against the back of your tongue. (The principle works like the gag reflex where you take one or two fingers and basically rub them on the back of your tongue. The gag reflex was discussed earlier in this article.) The rubbing action of the toothbrush on the back of the tongue will induce the gag reflex. Keep doing this and you will induce yourself to vomit. After you vomit simply clean your toothbrush thoroughly with hot water. If this method doesn’t appeal to you then you can go out and purchase a brand new toothbrush.
Tips to Follow after You Vomit
- Your body will feel very tired after you vomit
- You will be dehydrated so you need to drink fluids to hydrate your body
- You need to drink fluids to regain the equilibrium in your body
- Drink fluids that don’t contain caffeine or alcohol
- Water is great to drink after you vomit
- Other good options are sports drinks, ginger ale, or clear broths
- Don’t drink acidic drinks like orange juice it will upset your stomach and you may induce vomiting all over again
- Wait 12 hours after vomiting before you eat solid foods
- Initially eat bland foods such as white rice, bananas, dry toast , and crackers
- Don’t eat spicy or fatty foods because they can make you sick and you start the vomiting cycle all over again
- If you experience diarrhea with the vomiting avoid eating raw vegetables and fruits completely
- If you have to go to the poison center and they tell you to see a doctor after they induce vomiting. Go to the emergency room or urgent care immediately
Method 10- Try Emetics
These are medicinal drugs designed to make the body feel nauseous and eventually vomit. You can try emetic tablets just drink them down with water. Wait and the urge to vomit will come and you will be able to vomit. The tablets will make you have abdominal discomfort this will lead to the stomach contracting. You will then vomit and this is supposed to be a safe method to relieve your stomach of unwanted contents.
Method 11- Eat Your Way to Sickness
This sounds morbid but you can overeat and make yourself vomit. This method involves eating food beyond your stomach’s ability to process. You overextend the stomach and it forces food through the gullet (the esophagus) and this will result in vomiting. Don’t eat junk food this will just upset your stomach and you will not induce vomiting. Eat vegetables, fruits, and generally healthy foods to overflowing. You will vomit when you eat these foods in excessive amounts.
Method 12- Expose yourself to sickening sights and smells
If you want to torture yourself in this manner you can maybe induce vomiting. If you expose yourself to unpleasant sights and smells then it will create a nauseous feeling in the stomach. This could lead to vomiting but this isn’t a guaranteed method to induce vomiting. There is absolutely no clinical support to verify this method. People will react differently to these types of unusual sights and smells.
Method 13- Think about vomiting
Possibly by the power of self suggestion you can think yourself into a nauseous state to the point you induce vomiting. This method could be a real stretch. Hypothetically speaking if you think about a disgusting food you ate or sight you saw you can induce vomiting. This method has supposedly worked for many people. There is no clinical method to support this treatment. This may or may not work.
As disturbing as this topic is to discuss it is sometimes necessary to induce a forced vomiting. In cases where the person’s life is in danger, the only way to save that life is to have the person vomit. Someone may have swallowed some poison or other deadly substances than the need to induce vomiting is critical. Other cases someone may just feel really sick and will want to vomit to feel better. There are a few methods to help induce vomiting that are guaranteed to work. Other methods we discussed in this article are home remedies that just haven’t been verified. A few of the methods discussed here are just plain fairy tales and yet other methods can be outright fatal. Whenever you induce vomiting in yourself or someone else you must practice extreme caution. The bottom line is if at all possible you need to get to an emergency room, urgent care, or a health professional especially if the vomiting could save your life. Be careful if you decide to use the bloodroot herb. If this lethal herb is abused or consumed without following a doctor’s orders it can be fatal.