Who needs inflammation(a localized physical condition in which part of the body becomes reddened, swollen, hot, and often painful, especially as a reaction to injury or infection.) pain? No one wants to suffer with chronic inflammation. People want to be cured of inflammation especially if t is in the joint. That type of in inflammation hurts severely. There was once a lady who had searing pain running up down her right leg. The pain progressed to the point where she would lay awake at night crying because it was unbearable. This went on for about a week finally she went to emergency because she could no longer stand the pain. She was diagnosed with inflammation in her hip joint. The point of this story is that inflammation may sound like a routine discomfort it is not. It can cause a lot of pain and it could eventually damage organs or be fatal.
So, what are you supposed to do with inflammation just grin and bear it? Certainly not you need to find a treatment that will work for you and cure the inflammation as soon as possible. But what treatment is right for you that will be effective yet not expensive? Have you thought about using essential oils to treat inflammation? We will look into some essential oils that can help with inflammation pain.
This powerhouse essential oil will come to the rescue every time you need it to. It contains anti-inflammatory properties, pain relieving compounds, and it has antioxidant compounds all these benefits to kill the inflammation in record time. The antioxidants will help to get rid of free radicals as well. This oil is soothing and calming and it will support joint health.
Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil
This herb has sedative compounds that can relieve relieve muscle pain and muscle spasms, migraines, joint stiffness, osteoarthritis, and rheumatism and inflammation. This is one of the best essential oils around to fight that fight against inflammation.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil
This is a very strong smelling essential oil and you cannot miss its fragrance for miles. It has analgesic and anti-inflammatory compounds that will soothe nerve pain and muscle pain. It will clear out sinuses at the same time it is clearing out sinuses that will get rid of any sinus headache.
Rosemary Essential Oil
This oil is great for back pain, muscle pain, headaches, and joint pain because of its powerful antispasmodic and analgesic compounds. It will be especially effective if you develop inflammation in the joints. This is great for people who have arthritis.
Clary Sage Essential Oil
Clary sage has anti spasmodic and anti-inflammatory compounds and it is well-known for soothing the mind and body. It can also be a great help in treating inflammation. This oil is so powerful you are advised to use it in small quantities. It is effective for muscle spasms, tension, and the pain caused by PMS. It is good for joint pain as well.
Juniper Essential Oil
This is great for nerve pain, muscle pain, muscle spasms, and joint pain. But why it works so well was not mentioned. It works well for inflammation to.
Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense is one of the oldest oils known to man. It dates back thousands of years to use in biblical times. It is much more than just an incense it is a powerful force to treat inflammation. It has notable anti-inflammatory properties and it is used as a mild sedative. This ancient oil will relieve stress and general pain. It is a must for inflammation pain.
Wintergreen Essential Oil
We all know how good wintergreen gum tastes. Wintergreen oil has a pleasant fragrance but it is hard on inflammation pain. It is not as well-known as some of the other essential oils but it works well on treating headaches, menstrual cramps, nerve pain, and arthritis. This oil has many of the same pain-relieving compounds as aspirin does. This is a natural aspirin in a sense. It has no side effects.
Helichrysum Essential Oil
This oil is expensive but it is worth every penny. Helichrysum is valuable in the sense that it has potent ts analgesic, antispasmodic, and anti-inflammatory compounds that work wonders when it comes to relieving arthritis pain. People have tried a lot of things for inflammation pain but they say this oil works the best for that type of pain.
Camphor Essential oil
Like its cousin,wintergreen, camphor has powerful anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. This oil works well to stop inflammation, bruises, muscle aches, sprains, arthritis, and rheumatism.
Blue Tansy Essential Oil
This is an unknown essential oil but it can help with inflammation because of its stellar anti-inflammatory properties. It also has very effective pain-relieving properties which is why it has been used for years to treat pain and bring relief from pain.
Vetiver Essential Oil
Vetiver has showed up around the internet for other reported health benefits. Vetiver is legendary in India but hardly used in the United States for pain relief. It has been used since time began in India for pain relief. It is effective in relieving general pain such as muscle pain, headaches, and arthritis. It will work on muscular aches as well.
Yarrow Essential Oil
Yarrow is good for joint aches and muscle aches and muscle spasms. Yarrow is known to be a powerful restorative analgesic pain reliever. It can help with inflammation pain.
Ginger Essential Oil
Supposedly, this legendary essential oil can relieve back-pain and relieve joint immobility instantly. Igt is very power because of is awesome anti-inflammatory properties. It can help with arthritic and rheumatic pain. It can handle inflammation as well.
Sandalwood Essential Oil
This oil is used to calm the nervous system which in turn treats nerve pain and muscle spasms. It can calm inflammation as well.
Thyme Essential Oil
This timeless essential oil has antispasmodic properties making this oil legendary in treating inflammation, PMS pain, menstrual pain, muscle aches and pain, as well as those annoying backaches. It is well-known for its healing properties. You cannot afford not to use thyme for inflammation pain.
Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint is more than just a sweet smelling essential oil. It can help you master inflammation pain. It is commonly used to stop headache pain including migraines. It can stop pain caused my muscle aches, muscle pain, and nerve pain. It is a versatile oil tomm say the least.
Lavender Essential Oil
This could be the most popular essential oil in the world when it comes to finding pain relief. Don’t forget it is a very relaxing oil on the body as well. Lavender essential oil has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and sedative compounds that work well together to stop the pain from muscle tension, muscle spasms, joint pain, and headaches.
Chamomile Essential Oil
This oil is not to be confused with German Chamomile essential oil which was discussed earlier. The two are not the same oils. This is the most common type of chamomile oil found in the United States. It is legendary for its anti-inflammatory compounds that work well to stop the pain in the lower back, headaches, and PMS pain. It works wonders for inflammation pain as well.
This is not an essential oil but a herb. This herb was used in ancient Chinese medicine to treat general pain, including bruises and muscle aches and spasms. It may have been used to treat inflammation pain in that culture as well.
Essential Oil Method for Inflammation Pain
These instructions can be found on
- “Most essential oils are highly concentrated and are too powerful to use on the skin directly. Mixing these oils with some good quality base oils is the best way to use them. Never ingest essential oils!
- For most pain, you can mix 10 drops of your choice of essential oil with two tablespoons of a good base oil such as coconut oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil or borage oil. Mix well, then gently massage on the affected areas. You don’t need to use ALL of the oil if it is not necessary. For example, for headaches, all you really need is a dab on each temple and perhaps another on the back of the neck to get relief from your pain.
- However, if you are massaging the entire back of a large man, for example, you might need to double this mixture in order to get proper coverage.
- Keep in mind that what works for one person does not work for another. If you find that your chosen essential oil does not give you the relief you want, try another oil. One of these is bound to work with your body and give you the desired pain relief.”
- Infection in the body or localized area
- Cold or flu
- Cut or scratch to the skin
Chronic Inflammation Causes
- Failure to eliminate or deal with acute inflammation problem
- Auto-immune disease such as asthma
- Digestive problems
- Respiratory problems
- Vitamin or mineral deficiency
- Bacteria or viral infection
Inflammation Symptom Questions
- Do you have redness in a specific area of the body?
- Are your joints swollen?
- Are your joints warm to the touch?
- Do your joints feel like they are warm or burning on the inside?
- Do your joints ache?
- Is there pain in your joints?
- Do you have joint stiffness?
- Are you experiencing loss of function in a specific joint?
- Is a specific area of the body swollen?
- Is a specific area of the body warm to the touch?
- Is a specific area of the body warm or burning on the inside?
- Is a specific body area in pain?
- Do your muscles ache?
- Do you have muscle stiffness?
- Are you experiencing stiffness in a specific body area?
- Do you have a fever or chills?
- Are you experiencing a loss of energy or fatigue?
- Do you have a headache?
- Do you have a loss of appetite?
- Are you depressed?
- Do you have arthritis?
- Do you have unbearable shooting pain in any part of the body?
- Do you have unbearable shooting pain in any of the joints?
- Does any part of your body feel like it is on fire?
- Do you have restricted mobility in any area of your body that burns?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions there is a good chance you have inflammation. Consult your doctor immediately.
Arthritic Pain and Inflammation Reducing Blend
- 2 drops eucalyptus EO
- 2 drops marjoram EO
- 1 drops lavender EO
- 1 drop rosemary EO
- 1 drop peppermint EO
- 1 oz. carrier oil of your choice (argan, coconut, sesame, sweet almond, jojoba, grapeseed, macadamia)
- Mix all of the above ingredients in a dark glass jar.
- Apply to the affected area as needed.
Inflammation Muscle Soother Blend
- 3 drops wintergreen EO
- 3 drops peppermint EO
- 2 drops juniper EO
- 2 drops lemongrass EO
- Mix all of the above ingredients together in a dark glass bottle.
- Apply to sore muscles and massage in to help reduce inflammation and pain.
- Use this essential oil treatment as often as needed
Inflammation Relief Blend
- 10 drops lavender EO
- 5 drops rosemary EO
- 5 drops eucalyptus EO
- 5 drops birch EO
- 3 drops peppermint EO
- 5 drops of wintergreen EO
- Carrier oil of your choice
- Mix all of the above essential oils together in a 10mL roller ball dark glass bottle.
- Top off with the carrier oil of your choosing.
- Roll onto the affected inflamed area as needed.
General Inflammation and Pain Relief Blend
- 10 drops of your essential oil of choice from the list above (can mix 2 or more together as needed)
- 2 Tbsp. carrier oil of choice
- Mix the above ingredients together in a glass jar.
- Apply to the affected area as needed. Or until inflammation pain is gone
- Or try putting in a diffusing to fill the room with anti-inflammatory health benefits.
Turmeric Tea or Golden Milk for Inflammation
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. dried ginger
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- Pinch black pepper (or 1 drop black pepper essential oil)
- Pinch salt
- Honey to taste
- Mix all of the above ingredients together in a pot. Heat up on the stove over medium heat and allow it to boil gently.
- Remove from heat and froth either using a blender or a hand blender.
- Drink your inflammation away.
- You may want to try adding your essential oil of choice, alone or with other, to a diffuse to diffuse throughout the room for long lasting health benefits.
- You may want to try adding your essential oil of choice, either alone or together with other essential oils, to a salve, lotion or carrier oil and apply to the affected area.
- Finally you may want to try putting your essential oil of choice, as long as it can be taken orally, into some water or have a tea such as Earl Grey tea as it is high in bergamot.
As with any natural treatment if the symptoms get worse or remain the same after using the essential oil treatment consult your doctor. We all would like to use natural remedies to treat inflammation pain. But there is nothing wrong with turning to conventional methods as well. The story that was shared at the top of the article of the woman with the burning inflammation pain. She did not choose to use a natural remedy to relieve her inflammation pain. She went with good old fashioned antibiotics and they worked fine. Today, she is pain free from that agonizing inflammation.
- Combine 5 drops Peppermint, 5 drops Lavender and 5 drops German Chamomile with 2 Tbsp of Tamanu carrier oil for a cooling, anti-inflammatory blend. This is a cooling blend, great for inflammation caused by injury, and associated with pain.
- Mix 30 drops Eucalyptus, 30 drops Spruce and 30 drops Spike Lavender in a 5 ml bottle for a decongestant, mucolytic, and anti-inflammatory blend. Pop in the diffuser for respiratory inflammation.
- Blend 48 drops Lavender, 38 drops Spruce and 38 drops Peppermint in a 5 ml bottle to create an anti-inflammatory stock blend for inflammation associated with respiratory issues, injury and infection.
German Chamomile Blend
- Add 2 drops of German Chamomile to a 10 ml Roll-On and top off with Tamanu carrier oil. After a skin patch test, apply to inflamed skin.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of Beeswax in a double boiler. Add 2 oz of Avocado carrier oil, 7 drops Spruce, 5 drops German Chamomile and 5 drops Lavender for an anti-arthritic balm. Apply to inflamed areas.
Together we have journey on the road to better health from inflammation pain using essential oils. Actually, essential oils can be effective agents for healing from essential pain. If you want a natural remedy to eliminate inflammation pain than essential oil treatments are for you.