Now, we are talking of breathing problems along the lines of asthma, colds, flu, tuberculosis, etc. Some of these breathing issues can be serious issues even fatal ones. We need to be very careful when we are treating breathing problems. We know that if we go to the doctor it could cost a small fortune to get a viable treatment. A cost-effective option might to be trying essential oils to treat breathing problems whatever the magnitude of those problems may be.
This is a very well-known essential oil for treating many different health issues. It opens up airways to clear breathing problems. It is one of the best essential oils you can use for these very issues. It gives the lungs clear and free breathing capabilities by removing congestion. It is a top-rated essential oil for restoring the lungs to health.
Thyme Essential Oil
Thyme oil is a hot oil that may cure the common cold, the flu,chills and many other conditions that may make it hard to breathe.You can make a do-it-yourself vapor rub like a Chest rub, a cold rub, or vapor rub.This menthol-based topical will help with minor health that may impair breathing,especially a cold. It will help with respiratory, breathing issues that grow worse in colder weather.
Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary essential oil calms respiratory health issues such as phlegm and mucus as well and it frees sinuses and opens nasal airways. An interesting sidenote rosemary is one of the ingredients in Vicks Vapor Rub. This is how well rosemary essential can work to alleviate breathing problems.
Ginger Essential Oil
Ginger essential oil is a good warming oil for respiratory disorders caused by cold temperatures. The oil also may boost the immunity of the body and remove the inflammation related to breathing difficulties.
Lemon Essential Oil
A detoxifying oil, lemon essential oil is ideal for clearing the air of pathogens and allergens. It buffers the immune system which in turn will help the immune system to fight off colds and the flu and other respiratory issues.
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree, an antiseptic, removes germicides and other irritations that impede your airways and make it hard to breathe. This will relieve viruses, bacteria, fungi, yeast and microbes. All major culprits that cause poor breathing
Pine Essential Oil
Pine essential oil has the unique ability of clearing the mucous out of respiratory tubes where ir causes breathing problems. It cancels out pathogens that can cause infections, calms the breathing and reduces congestion.
Oregano Essential Oil
Oregano essential oil is squeezed out of a herbal plant called Oregano smells like a freshly opened medicine that has a slight bitter and spicy twist to it. This may not be a very pleasant scent. This essential oil will boost any weakened immune system. It is best vaporized when the body needs respiratory assistance. This oil is effective for combating viral infections, sinusitis, bronchitis and other respiratory conditions.
Lavender Essential Oil
Typically, this essential oil helps you sleep when you are struggling to breathe. It helps to fight issues in the respiratory tract including coughs, colds, and sore throats.
Marjoram Essential Oil
This oil is good for pain relief and can help in alleviating soreness and pain related to respiratory issues. It treats respiratory and sinus conditions like sinusitis, bronchitis and wheezing.
Essential Oil Recipes
Liquid Vapor Rub Blend
Vic’s vapor will knock colds, clogged sinuses and congestion, which all lead to breathing difficulties. Create a do-it -yourself liquid vapor rub in a roll – on bottle for simple use, You don’t need the petroleum jelly or the fake additives you find in abundance in other commercial vapor rubs.
- 10 drops lemon
- 10 drops eucalyptus
- 10 drops rosemary
- 5 drops thyme
- 10 ml roll – on bottle
- Fractionated coconut oil
- Add all the ingredients to the roll – on bottle and shake well to combine.
- Roll on temples, chest, shoulders, neck and back.
Breathe Easy Shower Bombs
This is an exciting recipe because it works instantly! You have to manufacture what are called shower bombs are similar to bath bombs. The scent of essential oils escapes when they are blended with the steam and hot water from the shower. This will allow you to breathe better.
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup baking soda
- 5 drops lavender
- 7 drops peppermint
- 7 drops thyme
- 10 drops eucalyptus
- Ice cube tray
- A squirt bottle filled with water
- Place the cornstarch, baking soda and essential oils in a large bowl.
- Squirt some water into the powder mixture and use your hand to form little molds. Don’t add a lot of water – just enough to get the ingredients to mold into a ball without disintegrating.
- Stuff the molds into the silicone cubes in the tray then let it set in the refrigerator for an hour or two.
- Once hardened, pop them out of the tray and store in a large mason jar.
- To use, toss one on the shower floor, near the drain, before showering. The heat and pressure of the shower water will break it down, releasing the aroma which will open your airways and help you breathe easier!
Relieving the Congestion Diffuser Blend
This treatment will make you feel better and breathe easier.
- Three drops peppermint essential oil
- One drop marjoram essential oil
- Two drops eucalyptus essential oil
- two drops tea tree essential oil
- One drop lemon essential oil
- Any metallic air diffuser
- Add all oils to your diffuser, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- 2 drops rosemary
- 2 drops pine
- 2 drops marjoram
- 1 drop lemon
- Non – plastic cold air diffuser
Place oils in diffuser to purify, strengthen and de – congest respiratory system.
- Always use 100% pure therapeutic essential oils and buy them from a loyal dealer
- Before you use any essential oil perform a skin patch test on the inner elbow to make sure you are not allergic to it
- Never use essential oils on newborn babies
- Keep essential oils away from children and pets
- Never take essential oils internally
- Do not use essential oils when you are pregnant or nursing unless you are under the direct care of a trained aromatherapist or naturopathy doctor
- At the first hint of a cold (tickle in the throat or achy feeling), try the “lick trick” using Tea Tree oil.put some on the back of your hand and consume first every five minutes then switch to every ten minutes for several hours during the day. If you treat the first traces of the symptoms in the beginning you may be able to kill a cold or flu before it ever has a chance to mature. Tea Tree has antibacterial antiviral properties.
- Eucalyptus radiata has antiviral properties. Dab it on all the reflex areas shown in bronchitis section above
- During the evening when colds seem to flare up the most. You will want to use one of the four respiratory blends so while you sleep you may inhale their scents.
- To free stuffed-up nasal passages due to the common cold or sinusitis, combine one drop of Peppermint essential oil into one teaspoon of honey. Lock the solution in the back of your throat until the peppermint essential oil vapors transfer to the sinus cavity via the back of your throat. You will find no quicker way to clear stuffy airways.
For Asthma or Hay Fever
- To feel healthy again, apply one or two drops of Lavender essential oil, Lemon essential oil or Tranquility in pure form on the ball area and on the toes of your feet, the upper back, the back of the neck and the upper chest region.
- For easier breathing follow the steps above but use Eucalyptus radiata, fir or Aspire undiluted.
- Win the infection fight once and for all by applying one or two drops of Deliverance, Tea Tree essential oil or Eucalyptus radiata right on certain points of your feet, back, neck, and chest.
- Eucalyptus radiata is the weakest of the various types of eucalyptus essential oils You should never vaporize eucalyptus essential oils around a person who may have asthma or hay fever it will increase their coughing. Apply lemon essential oil for vaporizing instead. It has properties that fight breathing issues and they can be properly diluted to keep you safe.
Essential Oils for Bronchitis
- To help you recover from bronchitis, you would do well to stay away mucous producing foods such as all dairy products, products containing white flour,foods that are heavily processed with sugars. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables to help heal the bronchitis.
- Stay very hydrated and use a humidifier until you are well.
- Stay away from hazardous environmental conditions
- Don’t consume commercial cough suppressants while you have bronchitis, because when you cough it helps to release and get rid of the mucus that is produced inflammation caused by bronchitis. Commercial cough suppressants will delay the healing process.But they could be used to stop your cough and assist in reducing the inflammation.To talk to the doctor about the right treatments you will have to apply. Talk to your doctor you don’t want bronchitis to hang on for a long period of time without seeking a health expert.
- When you sense the first “tickle” warning you of an impending cough, try consuming one drop of Tea Tree essential oil off the back of the hand. Then use your saliva to transport it to the back of the tongue region leaving it there for two minutes. This like a mouthwash product that helps to fight bacteria and viruse that invade your body. . Then casually swallow the solution. The tea tree essential oil will keep purifying your esophagus and stomach. Copy this procedure this every five to ten minutes for about 60 minutes. As the cough impulse begins to fade, you can apply this procedure less frequently. There are people who like to use this treatment every morning to prevent various respiratory issues.
- If you feel that a viral infection like a cold or flu was the beginning of your bronchitis and when your bronchial inflammation has restricted the air passages to the point that you can’t breathe normally, try applying respiratory oils on these reflex points of your body:
- Below and above the outer area of the collar bone
- On the upper part of the sternum in the center of your chest
- On the wrist at the point where you take your pulse
- On the balls of the feet where the lung reflex point is located
- On each side of the nostril (don’t use the oils inside the nostrils)
- Under your ear and on the bone behind your ear
- In the early stages of bronchitis, when coughing can be dry and painful, it may be especially helpful to inhale steam with Eucalyptus radiata, Lavender, Fir, Frankincense, Aspire or Breezy.Bring a container of water to a boil and inject two or three drops of one of the essential oils. Drape a towel covering around the head.Take the container and breathe the steam vapors deeply. Use this treatment several times if needed.
- Vaporize five to ten drops of the Deliverance, and the Eucalyptus radiata, some Tranquility, Breezy or Aspire if you choose to. For roughly five minutes during the daylight hours when the coughing is the worst.
Essential Oils for when you Lose Your Voice
- Create a do-it-yourself antibacterial mouthwash adding two drops of Tea Tree essential oil in one-half cup of water. Mix it vigorously then gargle with it and swallow it.
- Breathe steam deeply in with Eucalyptus radiata, Lavender essential oil, Fir essential oil, Frankincense essential oil, Aspire or Breezy, Mariah or Stefanie whatever your choice is. Bring a pot of water to a boil and put two to three drops of essential oil in it. Set a towel over around your head and bring the pot to your face;breathe in the steam. Blowing into the pot of hot water will help to free the essential oil scent from the vapors. Do this every time you use this treatment.
- To kill the mucus and eradicate all the inflammation out of the affected areas. To heal yourself completely take one drop of Deliverance, lemon essential oil or peppermint essential oil for every quart of water you drink. Do this for one month after the flu symptoms are gone.
Essential Oils for Pneumonia
- They both have antiviral and antibacterial properties, inhaling vaporized essential oils like Tea Tree, Eucalyptus radiata, the four respiratory tract blends which are Aspire, Breezy, Mariah and Stefanie.Throw Deliverance into the mix. These will help restore the lungs to full capacity.
- You can stop secondary sinus infections, by putting a pinch of Tea Tree essential oil, Peppermint essential oil, Frankincense essential oil or Deliverance your tongue and freeze for one minute before you swallow it. Try this method frequently until your are completely healthy.
- You can breathe the vapors of using Lemon essential oil, Tea Tree essential oil, Eucalyptus radiata, Aspire, Breezy, Mariah, Stefanie or Deliverance all which will help your immune system function at top performance. Breathing Lavender or Fir can treat coughing spasms.
- Heart three to six drops in two cups of water and inhale the vapors. Boil water in a utensil. Put in two or three drops of essential oil. Drape a towel around the head and put your face close to the pot of water start breathing in the steam.. Doing this frequently everyday loosens up the mucous and kills the inflammation.
- You can put warm compresses on your back area and chest region this can help. Add six to eight drops of one of the respiratory blends in one cup of hot water. Soak a rag in the aromatic water, squeezing a little bit of the water out. Lay it on the back area or chest region for roughly for twenty minutes. Rotate the small towel between your back and chest about every twenty minutes.
- You can take vegetable and gelatin capsules orally but make sure they have essential oils in the capsules . Split open a single-0-sized capsule and then add four drops of your favorite essential oil.Next fill the capsule with mixing oil then close the capsule. Be sure you combine larger portions in a ratio of one to three (Make sure to use Grapeseed oil) and fill all the capsules carefully with a dropper.
- Liven up your foods with fresh a little bit of garlic, cayenne pepper powder and red hot chili peppers. Research indicates they can help with your pneumonia symptoms.
We have given you some solid recipes, details, and information to give you an understanding that essential oils may be able to help with breathing problems. Consult your doctor before trying any essential oil for breathing problems. Some of the breathing conditions discussed were very serious so especially on these types of issues you may want to talk to a medical professional before treating these conditions with essential oils.