Bone spurs, no one and I mean no one likes having bone spurs. The shooting pain every time you move that part of the body that contains the bone spur. Bone spurs on the heel can be especially aggravating especially if you are on your feet all day long. Eventually, until the bone spur heals you will be wearing special footwear. Let us get off the negative spiral and look at the positive. You mean to tell me there is a positive side to having a bone spur? Yes, that is getting rid of it as fast as you can.
It is being said that essential oils may be able to help treat bone spurs. These days what cannot essential oils treat? They are becoming the go to natural remedies for just about any health issue these days. It seems like more and more health professionals are prescribing essential oils for recovery for health issues. Let us look into the phenomenon of essential oils possibly treating the very painful bone spur. (Bone spurs are bony projections that develop along the edges of bones. Bone spurs (osteophytes) often form where bones meet each other — in your joints. They can also form on the bones of your spine. The main cause of bone spurs is the joint damage associated with osteoarthritis.) Bone spurs are defined as Osteophytes (bony outgrowth associated with the degeneration of cartilage at joints.)
The oils involved are:
Cypress, Eucalyptus, Helichrysum, Frankincense, Lavender, Marjoram, Peppermint, Thyme, Wintergreen
Bone spurs blend:
- 4 drops Wintergreen
- 4 drops Eucalyptus
- 4 drops Marjoram
- 4 drops Cypress
- 4 drops Helichrysum
- 4 drops Peppermint
- 4 drops Frankincense
- 10 drops coconut oil-or Emu Oil
Apply blend to affected area 2 times daily till bone spur gone, continue thereafter for 2 weeks. Speed results by wrapping with a warm cloth after oils are applied and then wrapping this with plastic bag and additional towel to keep heat in. Reported results took 2 weeks to 3 months.
Please note this text is the exact context taken from the site. The site is called “Essential Oils for Healing”
“8-31-03 Rub [the anti-inflammatory essential oil] blend on the location as often as you can think of it. There is not protocol for how long it may take: 30-60-90 days in some cases. Some results are seen quickly, even immediately upon first application. Some take more time [even up to a year]. The best thing to know is it works! Be patient…for all bodies are different and they all have their own schedule for healing.
Be well ,
* * *
[The anti-inflammatory essential oil blend] on my heel worked beautifully to get rid of my bone spur. First I put [a frequency balancing essential oil blend] all over the bottom of my foot and then I rubbed [the anti-inflammatory blend] on the heel. Within a week the pain was gone and a month later the x ray showed the bone spur was gone.
* * *
Another essential oils testimonial from a close friend’s discusses how her mother dissolved a bone spur:
“My mom called and said that she had suffered from a bone spur on her foot since April. She consulted the Essential Oil Desk Reference and used [the anti-inflammatory essential] oil blend combined with Wintergreen (for pain). She applies it right on the painful area. The spur has been dissolving ever since and was almost gone (in October…bone changes take months) when I spoke with her.”
* * *
You may find on the internet that ore and more people are turning to essential oils as “super” natural remedies. There are also positive testimonials for the healing effectiveness of essential oils. They have been known to dissolve bone spurs. They are oils that are concentrates of water and plant oils. They are natural remedies with little or no side effects and they all contain natural ingredients. They are available just about anywhere and you won’t have to pay a lot of money compared to conventional methods to get rid of bone spurs. Each essential oil has its own unique therapeutic properties. It is claimed that they are becoming the most widely used remedy for bone spurs. This may not be true as there are not a lot of scientific studies available to confirm the this theory.
Luscious Lavender Essential 0il
It should be no surprise that lavender oil is listed as a cure for bone spurs. It seems like lavender essential oil can just about cure anything. Stress and anxiety about the bone spur can increase the pain experience. The last thing you want to do is aggravate an already painful condition. Here is where lavender essential oil comes into lay.. It has properties that can relax and soothe you to reduce the pain caused by bone spurs. It may even help to dissolve the bone spur. Apply it directly to the bone spur site or pour it in an epsom salt bath.
Peppermint essential oil
Peppermint essential oil has cooling, menthol effects on bone spurs. If the bone spur site is warm and swollen apply some peppermint oil to the site. This is the best treatment if the site is hot and swollen. The peppermint essential oil is quickly absorbed into the skin reducing pain, swelling, and fluid retention that inhibits mobility. That bone spur will begin to heal in no time.
Eucalyptus Essential oil
Eucalyptus essential oil has the same healing properties as peppermint essential oil. Use it exactly the same way on the affected area.
Mighty Myrrh Essential oil
The active compounds in myrrh are terpenes and sesquiterpenes. These compounds have both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Apply it to the bone spur site and these compounds will Reduce swelling and increase circulation in the affected area, This oil has been have proven to be effective method to treat bone spurs. They also improve blood circulation to the tissues which will speed up the healing process.
Frankincense essential oil
Surprise! Surprise! The grandfather of essential oils is being listed again. It has several beneficial properties that can help treat bone spurs. It is an antiseptic agent and it fights germs. This will boost the immune system and it is a sedative. This will reduce pain caused by the bone spur.
Orange or Citrus Essential Oils
Citrus oils have anti-inflammatory and sedative properties. As stated before the sedative will reduce pain and calm the bone spur area down. The anti-inflammatory properties will reduce pain and swelling in the affected area.
Turmeric Essential oil
You can also use the oil from this turmeric plant as an anti-inflammatory agent. This oil minimizes swelling and speeds the healing process.
RC essential oil
RC essential oil is a blend of nine essential oil. This essential oil is the powerhouse of essential oils. The properties of the RC essential oil depend on the essential oils blended into the final solutio. Mainly, the compound is used as an anti-inflammatory and pain reducing agent. People have claimed that RC essential oil has dissolved bone spurs and calcium deposits.
Idaho Balsam Fir oil
The oil from this is supposed to have cortisone-like properties. It is a pain reduction treatment that if uses for the long-term can reduce the pain caused by bone spurs and muscle pain. Eventually the bone spur will heal.
Wintergreen essential oil
Wintergreen essential oil has been used for pain reduction for ages. You apply it to the bone spur site and the oil is quickly absorbed through the skin. Its anesthetic property quiets the nerves and reduces pain. It also provides warmth and increases circulation in the area. It will speed up the healing process.
Linseed essential oil
Warm linseed oil is used to provide pain relief. The best way to use linseed essential oil is to apply with a warm compress, covered with a heating pad. This will reduce the pain and swelling in the bone spur area.
These are the actual testimonies from the users.
- “ I started having some minor pain in my right heel that, within a couple of weeks, increased to the point that I was minimizing how much I walked. I found myself shifting my weight to other areas of my foot (which started causing me back and joint pain) and was limping around. I was getting very annoyed, and I had no idea what was going on. When I prayed about it, I felt like the Lord showed me it was a bone spur. I asked Linda what her suggestion would be for that, and was surprised when she told me “Respiratory Relief.”
- I already had some Respiratory Relief that I had been diffusing for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and have had very good results with. She suggested that I apply a few drops consistently, several times daily to my heel. I had been using the oils for over a year with very good results, but I have to say, when
- Linda suggested a “respiratory” blend for this, I was a little skeptical. That soon melted away as the pain became almost imperceptible. I apply 2-3 drops once or twice a day if I am on my feet a lot, or once every day or two if I’m not. Many times, I forget it is even there. I use it less and less as time goes on. I am so pleased and amazed! The more I learn and use the oils, the more I am in awe of God and His provision for us. Thank you Jesus!” – Betty
- “It’s my experience that bone spurs respond very well to Respiratory Relief. I certainly don’t understand the “science” of what goes on, but I know of several people who have had great results with Respiratory Relief.”
- “ My brother had 4 bone spurs on his foot. He applied Birch on his heel daily. In one month he went back to his doctor for another X-ray and two of the spurs had disappeared! He uses the oil daily and is no longer in pain and trusts that the other two will disappear as well.”
- “ I had a heel spur that I used Respiratory Relief on. It took about 3 weeks of applying it morning and night. I haven’t had any problems now going on six months. A friend of mine was getting shots for her troublesome spur, and when I told her what I’d done, she wanted to try it also. She said the shots weren’t doing a thing to help her and figured she’d try out my oils. After just a few weeks, she reported that she has no more pain or spur.”
- “ I used Respiratory Relief on my bone spur, and it doesn’t bother me now. I read that others used it and went back for an X-ray, and spurs were gone.” – Britta
- “ I had a large bump the size of the end of my thumb on the bottom of my heel which hurt like the dickens. At night I could hardly wait to get off my foot because it hurt so bad but when I did, it hurt worse. During the night when I had to get up to go to the bathroom it took all the strength I could to muster up, to hobble to the bathroom because I couldn’t put any weight at all on the foot.
- I had tried RC because I had heard that it had helped other peoples with that problem. But it didn’t help mine. I was to the point where I was maybe considering about going to the doctor to see about getting surgery on the heel because I was tired of the pain all the time. Then one day there was a medical doctor on T.V. and he was talking about doing laser surgery on bone spurs.
- So I was really interested in seeing what he had to say about it. The first thing he said was before they did surgery, they would give the patient cortisone shots and then see what happened. Da-a-a-a, What was the matter with me. Why hadn’t I thought of that before? so I applied Idaho Balsam Fir and RC together on my heel. The first night the pain was less and in three days the lump was gone and that has been over 10 years and I have not had any problems since.
- My husband was having the similar problem with his foot on the ball of the foot this spring and I applied Idaho Balsam Fir and RC to his foot and in a week his pain was gone and has not came back.What a relief not to have to resort to surgery and go through more pain when we have these wonderful oils to help us.”
- “My upper cervical chiropractor took an Xray of my neck in May 2014 and noticed two bone spurs on C5 and C6 in the front part of my neck. He said that, as they would continue to grow, eventually I would not be able to eat. So I would definitely need surgery.
- I happened to mention this to my friend who introduced me to therapeutic-grade essential oils, and she said to try Idaho Balsam Fir essential oil. So I decided to try this before resorting to surgery.
- I put one drop on the front part of my neck and another drop on the back part of my neck where I thought the C5 and C6 were located. I did not use any carrier oil. I did this every morning without fail.
- My November 2014 X-ray, which my doctor reviewed, indicated that the spurs had diminished a little bit… not grown! So I decided to try another 6 months of the essential oil regimen.
- My X-ray in May 2015 showed that the bone spurs were completely gone! My doctor and I just stared at the X-ray, as we were both shocked. He was speechless!
- I plan to continue X-rays annually to make sure that the bone spurs do not return. I feel that a busy life and the bad posture I had when looking down at a computer contributed to these bone spurs. Nowadays I take better care of my body.”
Maybe just maybe there is some truth to essential oils being able to dissolve bone spurs in any area of the human body. There has been listed some critical essential oils to use to dissolve bone spurs. Actual testimonials have been quoted to show the living proof that essential oils have actually worked to dissolve bone spurs over time. There is no more solid proof than a person actually using the essential oil on the bone spur site and having it dissolve.
Further proof was supplied by the x-rays before and after the essential oil treatment. Medical professionals did confirm the effectiveness of the essential oil treatments by x-ray support. It is really hard to argue with x-rays and living examples of essential oils dissolving bone spurs. Even Though the science for why the oils work is not understood they work.